The Student Room Group

I want to go to a university that has strong links with semi/professional rugby club.

Hey,

I am in Year 11 and studying Maths, Physics, Biology and PE and interested in studying Physics at university.I am predicated BBBB at As level. I also play rugby and want to go to a university which will allow me to reach my full potential both academically and on the pitch. Which universities do you know of that both produce good rugby players and have strong links with professional clubs.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know Leeds Met have strong sports links, i don't know about rugby in particular however.
Reply 2
Loughborough University has an extremely strong rugby team, UWE or Hartpury have a strong link with Bristol rugby club
Reply 3
Always thought of Loughborough as the place to go if you are serious about your rugby.
Reply 4
Loughborough Mate! Best Sports Uni In The Country, Links With Strongest People. One And Only Place!
Reply 5
Imperial, obviously...
don't know of any which have a strong link but i'd go for the best sporting unis which would be bath and loughborough
Reply 7
I'd say leeds myself.
Reply 8
UWE has strong links with Gloucester, Bristol for pro and Moseley for semi pro..
Reply 9
Bath, maybe?
Reply 10
Northumbria have a pretty decent squad, and they are very, very closely linked to Newcastle Falcons. After all, Northumbria uni own their stadium and have their name across the players' shorts. Team Northumbria play in the local league as well, so you'd be playing all the semi-pro clubs, and possibly Blaydon and Tynedale, who are only a couple of leagues off the premiership.

Cardiff appear to have some sort of link with Cardiff Blues too. That dude who plays for them and Wales is doing medicine there.

But the killer question; union or league?
is say leeds met but huddersfield uni also have good links with huddefield giants
llys
Bath, maybe?

i got a bath prospectus posted through the other day i was well shocked at the entry requierments so i kindly disgarded it
Laurawhitters
i got a bath prospectus posted through the other day i was well shocked at the entry requierments so i kindly disgarded it

lol what does that mean :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Laurawhitters
is say leeds met but huddersfield uni also have good links with huddefield giants

Unrelated but I want your sauce!! :perv:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
lol what does that mean :s-smilie:

that you have to be dead brainy to go! id just been brousing through random unis and came across bath so thought id apply for a prospectus thinking the requierments would be easy then i opended it and was like :O

_BANKSY_
Unrelated but I want your sauce!! :perv:

well a cupple of my friends are at leeds & huddersfield doing sport and they told me that they have good links :smile: im not too sure if thats what you ment or not but hey :biggrin:
aw781993
Hey,

I am in Year 11 and studying Maths, Physics, Biology and PE and interested in studying Physics at university.I am predicated BBBB at As level. I also play rugby and want to go to a university which will allow me to reach my full potential both academically and on the pitch. Which universities do you know of that both produce good rugby players and have strong links with professional clubs.

Why are you doing 4 ASs in Year 11?

Loughbourgh would properly be the place for you.

Although check out the uni's near professional clubs as some have scholarships from the club. For example in the Reading propectus it said about a scholarship from Reading Hockey Club for exceptional hockey players.
Reply 17
Just to make it clear i am actually in year 12, that was a typing error. And i play rugby union. I am considering Loughborough but be interested to hear what others think.
Reply 18
As its already been said if your serious about rugby or any sport then its Loughborough you want to go too. Top for sports easily and its pretty decent academically too.
Reply 19
I was in the same situation as you in year 12 and applied to Loughborough and Swansea as they were the only two which did my course, and which had a decent reputation for rugby. However my predicted grades weren't good enough to get into loughborough, so providing i get the grades this year ill be off to swansea. Loughborough sport is amazing, the england 7's side train there so there is your link to a proffesional club ! However, i would forget getting into the 1st team if your not international standard......

Latest

Trending

Trending