The Student Room Group

What constitutes psychological research?

As part of the AQA A syllabus we are doing eating behaviour and there seems to be very little psychological research when it comes to health concerns as an influencing factor for attitude and eating behaviour. Instead there is a lot of 'the BBC found...' and 'the food standards agency found...' Does that count as psychological research or not?

I know the food standards agency is a government funded agency, but I don't know whether its composed of psychologists conducting research or what and therefore whether it counts as psychological research. I would like to know because if it isn't I can criticise it to hell and back as an A02 point. :biggrin: (Not that I can't already but the more the better.) Any clarification would be great, thanks! :smile:
HighSkies
As part of the AQA A syllabus we are doing eating behaviour and there seems to be very little psychological research when it comes to health concerns as an influencing factor for attitude and eating behaviour. Instead there is a lot of 'the BBC found...' and 'the food standards agency found...' Does that count as psychological research or not?

I know the food standards agency is a government funded agency, but I don't know whether its composed of psychologists conducting research or what and therefore whether it counts as psychological research. I would like to know because if it isn't I can criticise it to hell and back as an A02 point. :biggrin: (Not that I can't already but the more the better.) Any clarification would be great, thanks! :smile:

I could probably find you better research. What is it you're looking for in particular?
Reply 2
GodspeedGehenna
I could probably find you better research. What is it you're looking for in particular?

Ah, its alright thanks. I just did a search now and found a few things I could use instead of those I'd been given. Thanks anyway though for offering!

Latest

Trending

Trending