The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are you sure you're AQA A2?
My exams for this aren't for almost 2/3 weeks.
Mm_Minty
Are you sure you're AQA A2?
My exams for this aren't for almost 2/3 weeks.

Yes, 14th; I assumed that was only one week but I'm glad to find out that the first exam is in two instead!
Reply 3
99 Red Balloons
Yes, 14th; I assumed that was only one week but I'm glad to find out that the first exam is in two instead!

That's the one :smile:
Just revise like hell, I've been over substance dualism and Bentham's critcisms of natural rights today.
Reply 4
Doing this exam so stuck on justice, our teacher did some crappy experiment and tried to get us to teach ourselves which failed badly, so i now know nothing.
Glad I'm not the only one worrying. I don't know any of the material, I'm trying to teach myself but there is so much to learn! I havn't even been given any practise papers so I don't even know what the format is! Also, for the moral philosophy I'm doing, the teacher turned up to one lesson in the whole year :frown:
ChelseyElla
Glad I'm not the only one worrying. I don't know any of the material, I'm trying to teach myself but there is so much to learn! I havn't even been given any practise papers so I don't even know what the format is! Also, for the moral philosophy I'm doing, the teacher turned up to one lesson in the whole year :frown:

Ouchh! Practise papers; you'll be given a choice of two questions for each topic you've done. I'm not doing moral philosophy, but if you practise arguing for and against certain arguments rather than doing specific essays if you can't get any, that should prepare you for how to get your head around the content, if that's of any help :smile:
Reply 7
ChelseyElla

I know exactly what you mean. I know barely any of the material, and its not really one of those subjects where you can cram. Im doing Political philosophy and Philosophy of religion, my teacher turned up, but he might aswell not have turned up! If you have the Michael Lacewing textbook - the key points at the end of each section are quite helpful for basic understanding.
Goodluck!
it's so content heavy, we didn't finish the syllabus so I'm teaching myself meta-ethics...which is stupid as my teacher started a PHD in it :/ anyone else on moral? I'm hoping for at least a B on this, and then a very high A on Unit 4. Threw my chances of an A* out of the window when I started revising two days ago...
99 Red Balloons
Ouchh! Practise papers; you'll be given a choice of two questions for each topic you've done. I'm not doing moral philosophy, but if you practise arguing for and against certain arguments rather than doing specific essays if you can't get any, that should prepare you for how to get your head around the content, if that's of any help :smile:

Thanks for the help (: Slightly relieved it's a choice of two as then I might have a bit of a chance of knowing something!
Reply 10
emilyjane_09
it's so content heavy, we didn't finish the syllabus so I'm teaching myself meta-ethics...which is stupid as my teacher started a PHD in it :/ anyone else on moral? I'm hoping for at least a B on this, and then a very high A on Unit 4. Threw my chances of an A* out of the window when I started revising two days ago...

I got a U in unit 1 last year YEAS a U! and a B in unit 2.
I re took unit 1 in Jan and got a B
So overall for AS I have a B
I need atleast a C overall for Philosophy to get into uni. But considering A2 philosophy is a load of BS, thats looking hard to get.. AH
bumpety bump
Eeeeeeeeeeep! Going into college early tomorrow to get some extra revision done, but still feel so unprepared! Good luck for tomorrow everyone!
Reply 13
^ Im doing the same. Hopefully it'll come back to us tomorrow! 50 markers are a killer!
Gooduck everyonee :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending