The Student Room Group

Helppp!!

Hi guys,
I recieved a conditional offer from the University of Nottingham a few months ago, and one of the conditions was that I get a grade C in maths GCSE, I'm retaking this exam this Summer. I have the grades the uni wants from my college course and I've also taken the Extended Project as an extra grade, however, what do you think my chances are of getting into the university without my C. Just incase I don't achieve my grade C???
Any help would be really appreciated, thanks guys!:smile:
claire568
Hi guys,
I recieved a conditional offer from the University of Nottingham a few months ago, and one of the conditions was that I get a grade C in maths GCSE, I'm retaking this exam this Summer. I have the grades the uni wants from my college course and I've also taken the Extended Project as an extra grade, however, what do you think my chances are of getting into the university without my C. Just incase I don't achieve my grade C???

Get the C. That's it basically.

With university places being cut and the remainder being extremely competitive, whose who miss their offer are very unlikely to be accepted.
It's unlikely. In almost all courses you're going to need that basic numeric ability - can I ask what you're applying for?

Anyhow, I just advise you work super-hard: workbooks, speak to people in the GCSE forum for revision tips, look at past papers. There's no way of knowing if they'll take you without it, but given everything the above poster wrote, it's not worth chancing it.
Get in touch with them now to check you wont be at a disadvantage for accommodation - because GCSE results come out to unis a week and a half after the A level results it can put you at the bottom of the list of people for accomm (bacuase you're one of the last to go from conditional to unconditional). See if there's any way they can confirm your place for accomm before the GCSE grade comes through.
claire568
Hi guys,

Which exam board are you doing? If it's AQA, I can help you with tips, practise etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending