The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

electives for english

Hi. Im slightly freaking about all the stuff I have to do like choosing electives, tenecies, registration, etc. because Im going to spain for a week and theres soo many deadlines to make. Can anyone give any advice on my electives??
So far Im thinking:
Extra english (reading in the west)
Personality psych (not on recommended list)
Social psych (as above)
media
history (heretics, witches and jews)
culture (through time and space)

Do you think I would be allowed to do the psych??
Do you think media would be too similar to the A level without the fun practical stuff??
Would history be too much like english (the course is based on reading stuff from the looks of it)?
If I do something and hate it can I change?
Could I be any more stressed?? (havent packed, have no clean clothes, or euros, am ill, do i even have a passport??)

Cheers and sorry for stressing.
I'm thinking of doing the heretics option n history as well.
As for the Psych, how good are you at maths?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
I am studying English and Film so do not have to choose electives but with regard to the Media, I would imagine it would similar to the A Level as there will be people choosing it who have never studied it before.
Reply 3
Personally, right now I'm most interested in a couple of the English Language units,
tied with something like Anthro / Culture. Some outside possibilities include Psychology,
Politics and others.

Again, slight shame I couldn't do a small Lit elective!
Reply 4
I'm hoping for the core Anthro module, but have also put myself down for some Culture modules, a Making of Modern Europe, and Human Geography as back-ups.

Latest

Trending

Trending