The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE English Language Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Expendable
It was very weirdly low. I had A* in coursework, completely ****** the exam up and got a C, came out with a 'B' overall if that helps. I think a high A will get me A* this time.

What did you get then??
Original post by Extricated
What did you get then??

Got an A* overall, not sure about the individual mark of the exam.
Got an A* overall, not sure about the individual mark of the exam.

Do you remember ur coursework mark out of 80??
Reply 23
are u sure that the grade boundary for A* is 75% cause i got a A for coursework and speaking so that is 32% out of 40% so in the exams i just need is 43% out of 60% to get an A*
Reply 24
Could you please send me the english grade boundaries table.

It would be of great help!
Reply 25
Original post by Ryaaaaannnnn

Ok, well, WJEC have sent me the Grade boundaries for June 2009 exams, and for English Language they were:

303/400 A*

265/400 A

227/400 B

etc.

303/400 = 75%

This seems weirldly low if you ask me :s-smilie:

Could you please show me the grade boundaries table for this. it would be extremely helpful
Reply 26

Emailed WJEC. I have the official tables from them, if anybody wants it, for 2008 and 2009.

Turns out that the 2008 boundaries are pretty much the same as the 2009 ones.

Could you please show me the grade boundaries table for this. it would be extremely helpful
Reply 27
I've sent you a message :smile:

Could i also have official results
That's an average of 82% which is A (90% is A*, 80% is A, 70% B etc). So you'd need to get a good 80% ish still to secure an A, 90%ish for A* and a high C in the exam should still guarantee you a B etc.

Ignore the other plonker.

Nope, it's 40% coursework with each exam paper being 30%.

Please don't lie/fill him with false hope :s-smilie: In ALL WJEC courses, the boundaries are:
90%+ a*
80%+ a
70%+ b

and so on, and I calculated it using the specification for him above. Perhaps you may be referring to a different version of the course? (There's Spec A and B which vary from my memory).

My English Language GCSE WJEC is 60% coursework 40% exam:

30% Literacy Reading and Creative Writing (Controlled Assessment)
30% Spoken Language (Controlled Assessment)
20% Reading (Exam)
20% Writing (Exam)
If i have As and Bs in my english language coursework which all together is worth 60%, however I got a C and D in the reading and writing paper exam, what would the over all grade be?
As I need a B grade to carry on with english language in college?
If i have As and Bs in my english language coursework however, I got a C and D in the reading and writing language exams what would my overall grade be if cousework is 60% and exams are worth 40%?
As i need to have a B to carry on with english language at college?
Thankyou!
If i have As and Bs in my english language coursework however, I got a C and D in the reading and writing language exams what would my overall grade be if cousework is 60% and exams are worth 40%?
Thankyou!
Original post by Laurenjane1
Thankyou!

I know this is so late but I was wondering what you got overall? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending