The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i thought it was 15 cos if u do 6 CHOOSE 2 on the calculator mathematiciansss.
what did you write for the cellulose question at the beginning?
Reply 62
insoluble cos water cnat diffuse out of cels
what about the one mark question about the un-coded part of the gene (or something like that)?
Reply 64
apple-sauce
what about the one mark question about the un-coded part of the gene (or something like that)?

That was "intron"
kerb123
That was "intron"

oh...didn't put that. Thanks for letting me know though :smile:
apple-sauce
oh...didn't put that. Thanks for letting me know though :smile:

where was that in the book!!!!!i have never even heard of that....:confused:
goodboy4444
where was that in the book!!!!!i have never even heard of that....:confused:

what? In the text book?
apple-sauce
what? In the text book?

:yep: :yep:
Why did drug X in the nafloxacin question stay constant? Anyone know?
goodboy4444
:yep: :yep:

which text book do you use?
I use Nelson Thornes AQA Biology AS, and I didn't see the word 'intron' either in the glossary or the index :/
diskohuelga
Why did drug X in the nafloxacin question stay constant? Anyone know?

I thought it was because they were using a constant concentration of the drug - as opposed to increasing or decreasing the concentration :/
Anyone know the actual answer?
apple-sauce
I thought it was because they were using a constant concentration of the drug - as opposed to increasing or decreasing the concentration :/

increase in the concentration shows that the bacteria which is not yet killed is more resisitent to that anibiotic......and that bacteria was tottaly resistent to the drug X.....i dont if this si write but this is waht i wrote and most of the people college did the samething:smile: and yes apple suuse i also use the same book....and i have no idea what an intorn is...
I wrote 12 :L Ahhh I did 6 x 2 :L Oops..

Do you know on the first page with the diagram and you had to label parts A and B.
Was it for starch or cellulose? x
apple-sauce

im not sure if it is right but the graph for drugs x didnt show any increase in antibiotic resistant, and the question was to explain it.
well what i put was that antibiotic resistance is due to mutations, and since these occur random and sometimes may not be beneficial to the bacteria. so it was by chance basically that the graph remained constant.

not sure if its right :eek3:
goodboy4444
increase in the concentration shows that the bacteria which is not yet killed is more resisitent to that anibiotic......and that bacteria was tottaly resistent to the drug X.....i dont if this si write but this is waht i wrote and most of the people college did the samething:smile: and yes apple suuse i also use the same book....and i have no idea what an intorn is...

The annoying thing is that 'intron' is in the specification on the AQA website, but I can't find it anywhere in the text book - I'm still looking though...
eliseruth101

Do you know on the first page with the diagram and you had to label parts A and B.

i think it was cellulose.....so part A was a b-gulocose monomer and b was a glycocidic bond or other way round i just dont remember the parts.....
eliseruth101

It said that it was cellulose didn't it? :/
Thats What I did but I always mis read questions. Someone told me it was starch I hope not.
goodboy4444
i think it was cellulose.....so part A was a b-gulocose monomer and b was a glycocidic bond or other way round i just dont remember the parts.....

yeah, I wrote the same as you.

Latest

Trending

Trending