The Student Room Group

Does anyone know the lowest mark you can get in a higher history essay?

I dont mean an extended essay, the one we did in the exam. Because for one essay i wont be surprised if i got 0 out of 20 lol but i just wanted to know if they give you any marks like e.g in higher english you get i think 5 out of 25 even if you wrote nothing. Do you get some marks for an history essay aswell??????
Reply 1
Something my teacher used to say to our class:

"when you go into an exam (or are writing an essay) you start of with 0 marks, you get the marks as you answer the question (or write the essay)"

its highly unlikely that you'll get 0 if you put something down, and a lot of people experience post-exam anxiety where they are sure they've done poorly/failed, when in fact they've done ok.
Reply 2
darigan
Something my teacher used to say to our class:

"when you go into an exam (or are writing an essay) you start of with 0 marks, you get the marks as you answer the question (or write the essay)"

its highly unlikely that you'll get 0 if you put something down, and a lot of people experience post-exam anxiety where they are sure they've done poorly/failed, when in fact they've done ok.

Cheers, but no i did really bad cuz i never answered the question but yh you never know.
Reply 3
i think its 9
Reply 4
6 marks for 6 factual points. You then get marks based on the structure (does it have an intro and conclusion) and the argument (is it narrative or do you try to analyse it)
0 marks seems like the lowest

Latest

Trending

Trending