The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Notker
Rotting!? Gross. That hasn't happened yet and I hope it wont. I call the landlord if it did.

A note would be a decent idea except they aren't really doing anything explicitly wrong.

It was disgusting, and they didn't really grasp the fact that no one would come and take out the rubbish for them. They were 22 :|

And no they're not, but they're being a bit annoying, so it's probably best to tell them, rather than just letting it build up.
Notker
I like the place. It's only about £280 rent a month (which in Oslo is ridiculously cheap). My friend lives with me (in a different room; we aren't bummers). It's next to a bus stop and no more than a five minute walk to the train stop. A supermarket is literally fifty meters away. It's only ten minutes away from a great ski course, the city centre and the university.

I don't want to make them feel bad. They can barely speak Engrish and their Norwegian is non-existant, so whether they'd even understand me is debatable. That and I don't want them to summon the ghosts of their ancestors to kill me.

Is Norway a nice place to study I've always wanted to go there, you can PM me if you want.
Reply 22
I really expected this thread to go something like:

'I tell her to make me a sammich and she can't get the damn thing right!' Or something along those lines
Hmmm, end of the year so you shouldn't have to put up with it much longer. Right? Have a word with them anyway, in fact show them who's boss.
I understand OP. I had a Vietnamese flatmate doing the same stuff. I drew the line when she was jamming a wet chopstick into the top hole of a socket to try and make her two prong Vietnamese rice cooker work. And when she decided to use my wooden utensils to chop and eat raw bloody meat with. Nearly rammed it down her throat :angry:
Haha, I had this problem too. My flat had like 5 Asians in, so every week they'd have the entire Malaysian Society Over. :facepalm2: The worst part was how they used to giggle like girls into the early hours. Now that was irritating. :nothing:
DiamondsAreForever
I understand OP. I had a Vietnamese flatmate doing the same stuff. I drew the line when she was jamming a wet chopstick into the top hole of a socket to try and make her two prong Vietnamese rice cooker work. And when she decided to use my wooden utensils to chop and eat raw bloody meat with. Nearly rammed it down her throat :angry:

lol, the stupidity of some people amazes me.
Reply 27
Talk to them. If you want to use the oven, tell them 30 minutes before or something. You need to communicate and not just expect the kitchen to be free whenever you want to use it.

If you've already tried that, I can only suggest you get in there first. Cook your dinner before them ^^ Change your routine, perhaps eat at 5pm instead of 7pm. I know you shouldn't have to change your routine, but there isn't much else you can do.
I had the same thing in my Uni halls. A group of 3-4 Chinese girls used to to stay in there cooking for hours making noise. :mad:
Reply 29
Chinese students in general are ******* unreasonable and antisocial. It's a widespread probrem. Leave a bilingual note in clearly written English and Norwegian saying that you don't expect much but that their way of life is impinging on yours...
Reply 30
dsch
Well, almost:
"wely wely nice in Mumbai at this time of yarh"

no man, indians dont say "w" they say "v" like 'vun' instead of 'one' or 'b' instean of v/w so its 'berry'
and most roll their tongues for the 'r's so it turns to 'verrrreeeee'

Latest

Trending

Trending