The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks guys.

I will give them a ring next week then when I'm off work. Will be an excuse to have a proper look around Lancaster.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Smiley_Me

Thanks guys.

I will give them a ring next week then when I'm off work. Will be an excuse to have a proper look around Lancaster.

its gonna be soo weird at first!!!

i dont even know where the nearest supermarket is!!!!
Reply 22
actually-what is the nearest supermarket????
Reply 23
I believe there is a Kwik Save and Asda.
Reply 24
well that is where i shall have to shop to get the food which i cant cook!!!!!

actually you should hope that you arent in a block with me because i might just burn it down!!!
Reply 25
tana
well that is where i shall have to shop to get the food which i cant cook!!!!!

actually you should hope that you arent in a block with me because i might just burn it down!!!

I can't cook either. But I have started my own little recipe book. I have sat my mum down and asked her in step by step detail what I need to know hehe.
Reply 26
Smiley_Me
I can't cook either. But I have started my own little recipe book. I have sat my mum down and asked her in step by step detail what I need to know hehe.

maybe i should try something like that. i started fretting over pasta at the weekend which is not a good sign.

are we gonna be using gas or electric ovens????? may sound stupid but it would be quite helpful!!
Reply 27
tana
maybe i should try something like that. i started fretting over pasta at the weekend which is not a good sign.

are we gonna be using gas or electric ovens????? may sound stupid but it would be quite helpful!!

I'm not sure you know, but I'd say at a guess gas.

Any current students know?

Besides it will depend on the halls too.
Reply 28
Smiley_Me
I'm not sure you know, but I'd say at a guess gas.

Any current students know?

Besides it will depend on the halls too.

true.

how are we paying for the actual accomodation-termly or monthly???
Reply 29
tana
true.

how are we paying for the actual accomodation-termly or monthly???

Termly. And I have worked out I won't have enough to cover my first term and will have to use my overdraft.
Reply 30
Smiley_Me
Termly. And I have worked out I won't have enough to cover my first term and will have to use my overdraft.

i thought we would have the choice!!!!

my parents are paying for my accomodation and i really didnt want them to pay for all my fees as well as all the first term amount!!! do you know how much it is??
Reply 31
tana
i thought we would have the choice!!!!

my parents are paying for my accomodation and i really didnt want them to pay for all my fees as well as all the first term amount!!! do you know how much it is??

I'm not sure if we do or not. We might, I'm not sure.

I know I'm paying £1,127.85 for my first term. But this might include my internet connection.

I have no idea.
Reply 32
Smiley_Me
I'm not sure if we do or not. We might, I'm not sure.

I know I'm paying £1,127.85 for my first term. But this might include my internet connection.

I have no idea.

i might give them a ring as soon as i get all my bits and pieces through!!! im sure on the college and residence site i read once that you could pay it monthly but that you would be charged an extra £10 per month. im sure they had all the dates in the months that you could pay too!!!!
The cookers are electric as far as I know. Cooking isnt my strong point either but you get by quite easy
Reply 34
LittleMiss
The cookers are electric as far as I know. Cooking isnt my strong point either but you get by quite easy

thanks-i can actually turn an electric hob on!!! from them on its all downhill!!
Reply 35
I'm on the ground floor of Grizedale i think.

What's so bad about the ground floor because stairs whilst drunk isn't a good thing?
Reply 36
tana
actually-what is the nearest supermarket????

near the uni there is sainburys and asda. asda is probably your best bet as its 24/7 most nights. theres also smaller shops etc however these are more convience stores in the town centre and not much else. theres also a spar on campus, as well as another shop in the pendle college area which sells food, alcohol, washing powder, film rentals etc etc. theres maybe more but i havent seen them yet.

basically you will be able to buy most bare essentials on campus, however if you wanted more specific food, you would have to go to asda or sainsburys. there not that far away either.
Reply 37
stevo87
near the uni there is sainburys and asda. asda is probably your best bet as its 24/7 most nights. theres also smaller shops etc however these are more convience stores in the town centre and not much else. theres also a spar on campus, as well as another shop in the pendle college area which sells food, alcohol, washing powder, film rentals etc etc. theres maybe more but i havent seen them yet.

basically you will be able to buy most bare essentials on campus, however if you wanted more specific food, you would have to go to asda or sainsburys. there not that far away either.

That's where I stopped reading :biggrin:
stevo87

If you have loads of money shop on Campus. If you're on a tight budget then head for Kwik Save! If you're on a medium budget then ASDA should be ok...
Reply 39
anyone else STILL not got confrimed accomodation?
i didnt get one of my a level results confirmed until a few days after results day, maybe thats why theyre a bit slow. but i guess my hopes of being in pendle are dashed! i'm getting worried - should i?