The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

threeportdrift
stuff

For goodness sake - let the children find it out for themselves! They will never learn if you keep spoon-feeding them! :frown:
ProStacker
For goodness sake - let the children find it out for themselves! They will never learn if you keep spoon-feeding them! :frown:

True, I am beginning to ignore the lmgtfy questions, although I fight a very strong impulse to point out that the inability to even google indicates serious lack of military potential. However, in this case, I wasn't sure that my phrase 'the Canadian problem' was in general usage sufficient for a reasonable google search to offer an answer. Charity day, I've taken that man's name :wink:
Reply 42
EDIT: Accidental double post
Reply 43
For those looking at Regt Officer, or even Gunner, the figures you need to reach for the PJFT are as follows:

16yo: 1.5mile - 10:30. Pressups (1min) - 37. Situps (1min) - 38
17-29yo: 1.5mile - 10:30. Pressups (1min) - 40. Situps (1min) - 41
30-34yo: 1.5mile - 10:30. Pressups (1min) - 37. Situps (1min) - 38
35-36yo: 1.5mile - 10:30. Pressups (1min) - 34. Situps (1min) - 35

Got the paperwork for this today after I had my medical. Need to phone up my local Fitness First and organise a PJFT within the next 14 days. Hopefully I'll be able to pass this, been off injured for the last 2 weeks. Fingers Crossed... and good luck to everyone else joining or considering joining
I would just like to highlight that these are the MINIMUM standards that you need to reach and ultimately you should be giving maximum effort.
No need for max effort on the PJFT, as long as you get in under the time and complete the minimum number of pressups and situps, you will go forward to PROC - timings on PJFT have no bearing on your selectability, it's just PASS or FAIL.

PROC is where you need to give max effort!!
Stand Still!!
No need for max effort on the PJFT, as long as you get in under the time and complete the minimum number of pressups and situps, you will go forward to PROC - timings on PJFT have no bearing on your selectability, it's just PASS or FAIL.

PROC is where you need to give max effort!!

Quite right, however, you might as well get used to giving maximum effort now so it doesn't come as such a shock later in the process!
Reply 47
I'd get smashing yourself if you are looking to join the Glorious Corps!

The current JROC started this week and the lowest RAFFT was as follows

MSFT - 12.1
Push Ups - 49 (1 minute)
Sit Ups - 55 (1 minute)
Pull Ups - 12 (1 minute)

Latest