The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No
No..I actually considered doing another undergrad degree last year at 23. I wasn't really worried about age at all, as youu get people of all ages around campus these days. University isn't just some 3 year extension of school for 18/19 year olds. It's for all!
I'm doing a second undergraduate degree in September- I'll be 25. I'm not worried although the course I'm doing seems to have quite a few mature students.
DancinBallerina
No

:facepalm: really bored of seeing these ''am I too old'' threads when clearly nobody is! I started @ 21, I am on the brink of finishing @ 24. I do not at all feel old, it has not been a barrier amongst my friends and I.

Enjoy your experience at uni :smile:

Oh, I was gonna say exactly the same thing. I swear we get a thread on this same topic like every week now.

No, it's not too old, OP. Loads of people start much later than 18. In fact, I might be starting uni "late" as well, I really don't feel ready for it at this time in my life and I'm gonna try for a job in the UAE first soon :smile:
Nah.:smile:
No. My brother started Uni when he was 27. It was the right age for him and it infact helped him because he had the life experience which helped him on work placements.
No... what a ridiculous question.
Reply 27
There's a guy on my course who's 65 and everything really admires and respects him for pursuing the course.

Also, my dad is just starting his Masters and he's 52 so no it's definitely not too old.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh, I was gonna say exactly the same thing. I swear we get a thread on this same topic like every week now.

No, it's not too old, OP. Loads of people start much later than 18. In fact, I might be starting uni "late" as well, I really don't feel ready for it at this time in my life and I'm gonna try for a job in the UAE first soon :smile:

LoL It is every week, I swear it is lol. :tongue:

I started @ 21 because I didn't feel ready @ 18 and tbh I had a rough ride during college, I just wanted some ''down time'' before the hard graft started - I am soo glad it's almost over! lol
Reply 29
No not at all. My boyfriend didn't start back until he was 23 after a rough adolescence that kept him from going earlier. Granted, he's also working a full-time job and he owns his own house, so he's not really getting the full "uni experience,"but he's still going and getting his degree etc. and doesn't regret it at all (he's just about finished undergrad).

Plus, I did a year at an American uni before I came here (I'm 20) and although I'm significantly older than most people, it's fine. It's just weird that they're all my little sister's age lol.
Tom1390
How come you dropped out in third year?

How do you know they did? I'll be 21 just before my second year just because of a September Birthday + a Gap Year.

Anyway it'll be fine I started Uni at just 20 with no problems, and next year am living with someone off my course and her friends and they're all 19 and I'll be 21 then, all get on fine.
Susan Kennedy on Neighbours just started Uni, going to the same one as her step son. :rofl:
So, no you're not.
From now on, all of these type of thread shall be referred to as "Troll threads" and nothing more.
Reply 33
ofcourse not
Reply 34
21 is the best age
Reply 35
thunder_chunky
No, ever heard of mature students?

/thread

Yeah the last one killed 3 prostitutes, Im just sayin'
Bema
Yeah the last one killed 3 prostitutes, Im just sayin'

So perhaps being a mature student makes you more likely to kill three prostitutes.

Interesting.
I think I'll have to begin a study on this. :cool:
Reply 37
I'm sure I saw a thread earlier asking if 81 years old was to old to start uni, bit of difference between 21 and 81.
Nah of course it isn't, loads of people on my course are in their mid-twenties.
Yes, way too old. You're going to get picked on, I wouldn't bother going if I was you.

Latest

Trending

Trending