The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

paniking_and_not_revising
You're not.
I used to talk about religion and race with my friends. One was a Jehovah's Witness, one was an Atheist, one was Christian and one couldn't really give a damn and I'm a Muslim
We never argued. it was just some really deep discussions during math and RE lessons

Sounds like a set-up for a joke lol...
Tha_Black_Shinobi
ok just checking. Still sure you dont wanna have sex with me?

No thanks :o:
Reply 42
'cos it's the only place where their opinions will get nothing more than a 'neg.
*for the rather brutal comments that it.
Reply 43
What's wrong with a debate?
Lollyage
Because tsr is filled with cowards who wouldn't have the balls to say what they want irl, so they express their opinion on here while knowing they're nice and safe behind a screen :smile:

0201Bean
'cos it's the only place where their opinions will get nothing more than a 'neg.
*for the rather brutal comments that it.

You're just putting a negative spin on it. Personally I think it's good that people have a place that they can express their views, however unsavoury, without fear of retribution.
Reply 45
AntiMonarchist
well done you just made a thread about race & religion.

That looks like Peter Crouch in the pic :biggrin:
olipal
It's a sensitive issue, excellent material for trolling and usually going to involve some pretty opinionated people who are unwilling to accept other peoples point of view.

totally agrreee. As we all know, TSR provides an excellent environment, free from physical attacks and abuse to express your views and trollers(in other word - keyboard warriors) exploit this fact for amusement knowing that they're secure and well in front of their computers.
Reply 47
They just seem to be two things which spark debate..good and bad.
ellingham
I doubt any of you give a toss about it in real life and probably do not spend all your time talking to friends about the way different ethnic groups act, or if white guys like blacks girls, like asian guys, like white girls, like black guys......
Or the countless threads about islam, blah blah blah...

So enlighten me TSR why are you so obsessed with race & religion? And when will you just start looking at people as people instead of the colour of their skin and the deity the believe in.

I look forward to some smart arse comment like "well done you just made a thread about race & religion, mega lolz".

I thought it was Politics and Economics we were obsessed with :eek3:
ellingham
I doubt any of you give a toss about it in real life

I care a lot :smile:

and probably do not spend all your time talking to friends about the way different ethnic groups act, or if white guys like blacks girls, like asian guys, like white girls, like black guys......

No I don't, but then I don't talk about that on here.

Or the countless threads about islam, blah blah blah...

Haha you might find them boring but other people don't. It's the joys of the internet love.

So enlighten me TSR why are you so obsessed with race & religion? And when will you just start looking at people as people instead of the colour of their skin and the deity the believe in.

Probably because most people can't/don't talk about this stuff with their mates, so this is the only place they can. Or maybe it's just something that people want to talk about - excluding people like yourself.

Talking and discussing stuff is completely different to discriminating against someone because of their skin colour or their religious beliefs.

I talk a lot about atheism but I don't have a grudge against religious people. I comment in the 'brown' threads because I'm Indian, not because I hate white/black/grey/purple people.

I look forward to some smart arse comment like "well done you just made a thread about race & religion, mega lolz".

Hmm, you're just giving people incentive to do that. :smile:
Reply 50
CityOfMyHeart
I care a lot :smile:

I know some people do i just meant in general

No I don't, but then I don't talk about that on here.

Haha you might find them boring but other people don't. It's the joys of the internet love.

I just feel that they have been done to death, i mean sometimes there are multiple threads started at the same time on the same subject. Becomes kind of tiresome as it always leads to the same thing.

Probably because most people can't/don't talk about this stuff with their mates, so this is the only place they can. Or maybe it's just something that people want to talk about - excluding people like yourself.

Fair enough, i will admit i take no interest in the subjects

Talking and discussing stuff is completely different to discriminating against someone because of their skin colour or their religious beliefs.

I didn't mean that, what i mean is why make threads about race? why does the race need to be pointed out. Say for e.g you made a new friend and they were black, do you look at them as your friend or your black friend? For me i just look at people as people, race is not a factor.

I talk a lot about atheism but I don't have a grudge against religious people. I comment in the 'brown' threads because I'm Indian, not because I hate white/black/grey/purple people.

Hmm, you're just giving people incentive to do that. :smile:

Wow. I did not know there were people like you on TSR, you took care and consideration when reading my OP, replied to all the points thoroughly and most of all you were rational, well mannered and no sarcasm. If i'm not on spread i'll rep you, if not i'll get you tomorro.

Plus you're a fellow gooner :smile:
I think there's a group of BNP sympathizers out there that are making the threads to stir up hatred.

Latest

Trending

Trending