The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
If you're looking at halls in that area, consider North Hill Court. It's much cheaper and you're allowed to use the james baillie common room, it also has balconies!!!!!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Nah, checked the prices for North Hill court and it seems more expensive!
Reply 3
James Baillie looks good i've applied there for this year. If a little expensive for what it is to be honestt. I've heard mixed reviews on whether it's good socially though which i'm still not sure about, but overall it seems one of the better ones... !
Reply 4
Littlebee22
James Baillie looks good i've applied there for this year. If a little expensive for what it is to be honestt. I've heard mixed reviews on whether it's good socially though which i'm still not sure about, but overall it seems one of the better ones... !

A lot of my mates lived there this year and I'd say its very sociable. To be fair though, I guess these things change depending who's living in the accomodation
Reply 5
viktavondoom
A lot of my mates lived there this year and I'd say its very sociable. To be fair though, I guess these things change depending who's living in the accomodation

Nice onee and i cant argue with that, agree completely
Lived there in my first year, 08-09. It was rubbish, to be honest. Way overpriced for what you get although a lot of halls are, especially in Leeds. It's just a small room, basic kitchen appliances that break fairly often. The only perk is an en suite, which might seem like a massive bonus when you're applying but when you're actually there it's really not worth the extra rent.

The walk to Uni is ridiculous once you've done it a couple of times, especially the morning after a night out, and even worse in winter when the pavements are iced over, you're slipping all over the place and it takes you 40 minutes instead of 15. Even when the weather's fine though, its long enough to be annoying, but not quite long enough to warrant taking the bus. And the walk in to town is so far that you'll end up finding excuses not to do it.

Its only perk is that it looks pleasant enough from the outside, and it has a nice back road that gets you in to the middle of Headingley in ten minutes, which has a handy Sainsburys. But then again you wont go to Headingley as much as you think you will, despite it being advertised as a massive student area.

If I had to choose again, I'd go for Henry Price. Seemed much more tight knit to me, and is in a better location. JB really wasn't worth it.
is james Baillie still administered by Unite, or is it now administered by The university of leeds

Latest