The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
I think I know someone doing that course, I'll e-mail them and see if they would mind you e-mailing them.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Sazzle
I think I know someone doing that course, I'll e-mail them and see if they would mind you e-mailing them.

thank u! very nice of u, wud be good if u didnt mind!
Reply 3
beckispaghetti
thank u! very nice of u, wud be good if u didnt mind!

I've sent you a pm with the e-mail addy.
Reply 4
beckispaghetti
I have an interview at Durham for Combined Social Sciences which I am sooo scared about! Anyone else had an interview at Durham for something similar so u can calm me down! What sort of questions are asked etc, hell any advice from any interviews at any uni would help loaaaaads! Thank u! xxx

when did you get your interview letter and when did you apply? i've applied to do that course (after finding out the course i chose first got cancelled, grr) at the end of nov/beginning of dec (original application mid nov). i've not heard anything, and i'm worried i'm not gonna get in!
Reply 5
pinkegokane
when did you get your interview letter and when did you apply? i've applied to do that course (after finding out the course i chose first got cancelled, grr) at the end of nov/beginning of dec (original application mid nov). i've not heard anything, and i'm worried i'm not gonna get in!

I got my letter yesterday, which course were u doing before u reapplied? I was doing Psychology and Sociology joint honours but that got withdrawn so now Im doing combined Social Sciences coz u can do psy and soc within that. I reapplied mid nov, so dont worry u will prob get letter soon if i reapplied slightly b4 u! I read Durham interview policies and apparently all combined social sciences applicants get interviewed! So dont worry! What college etc did u apply to? Let me know if u hear anything! xx
Reply 6
cheers for the tip pencil queen! what subject and college did u apply for? u heard anything?
Reply 7
beckispaghetti
I got my letter yesterday, which course were u doing before u reapplied? I was doing Psychology and Sociology joint honours but that got withdrawn so now Im doing combined Social Sciences coz u can do psy and soc within that. I reapplied mid nov, so dont worry u will prob get letter soon if i reapplied slightly b4 u! I read Durham interview policies and apparently all combined social sciences applicants get interviewed! So dont worry! What college etc did u apply to? Let me know if u hear anything! xx

i applied for european studies with spanish only they cancelled that, so i looked in the prospectus to see the alternatives. now, i really wanted to do spanish with some other subject, so i e-mailled the combined honours department and they advised me to reapply into social sciences rather than arts (despite the arts honours having spanish as a subject choice) and combining spanish in later cos they'd had a lot of applicants already for arts. but i'm worried cos i don't think my personal statement is very impressive :frown:

when is your interview? do you have to stay overnight? do they include any details about the interview in your letter?
Reply 8
beckispaghetti

oh yeah and i applied to university college which i now realise was very silly and i won't get in. i just hope if i get an offer they put me in cuths rather than st marys, i really don't want to be in a hill college! which did you go for?
Reply 9
pinkegokane
oh yeah and i applied to university college which i now realise was very silly and i won't get in. i just hope if i get an offer they put me in cuths rather than st marys, i really don't want to be in a hill college! which did you go for?

I think the Durham admissions system means that if you're accepted by the department, then you'll definitely get in somewhere, first choice college or not.

Latest