The Student Room Group

Not sure which ICT to take at A Level

Hi all

I'm planning on taking ICT for A Level but i'm not sure which one. My School offers 3 choices: Standard A level ICT, Btec Dipolma( Equivalent to 1 A Level) and Btec Certificate( Equivalent to 2 A Levels). I was originaly planning on taking the Btec Certificate as it was worth the most but i've heard that Btecs are not accepted in lots of Jobs or Universitys. Could anyone help suggest which course i should take and give any infomation about if Btecs are widley accpeted or not.

Thanks
The Russian Bear
The Russian Bear
Hi all

I'm planning on taking ICT for A Level but i'm not sure which one. My School offers 3 choices: Standard A level ICT, Btec Dipolma( Equivalent to 1 A Level) and Btec Certificate( Equivalent to 2 A Levels). I was originaly planning on taking the Btec Certificate as it was worth the most but i've heard that Btecs are not accepted in lots of Jobs or Universitys. Could anyone help suggest which course i should take and give any infomation about if Btecs are widley accpeted or not.

Thanks
The Russian Bear

universities do accept btecs (not sure about jobs but they usually look at a-levels) but i would say that taking a-level would be your best bet :smile:
Reply 2
I'd go with the standard .. I love IT
CuteStar*
I'd go with the standard .. I love IT

samee :biggrin:
Reply 4
ICt is easy, try computing!
Dmanscoop
ICt is easy, try computing!

i'm the only girl that does it in my year now (am in second year now) out of like 40 lads

ICT is definitely loads easier than Computing

Latest

Trending

Trending