The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway General Chat Thread

Just thought it might be nice for us RHUL-ers/future RHUL-ers to have somewhere to just chat about anything and everything. Chat here doesn't have to be about RHUL, it can be about your favourite films or what you've been up to lately or all that sort of stuff. Just anything.

I guess the requirement to join in the chatter here would have to be that you're either at RHUL now or have firmed it for the next academic year. It'll give us a chance to get to know each other better and also means that off-topic chatter can be moved here instead of in other less appropriate threads.

So, discuss away! :woo:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sure, ill kick this off with a friendly warning aha.

Thinking of going to the cinema any time soon? A nightmare on elm street?

Just walk BACK out the door, by far the worst film this year. Might have actually been better with Brendan Fraser as Freddy. (Yeah i just said that) :lol:

But no seriously, don't.

Sorry for turning this into a rant aha! Gotta get the ball rolling some how :wink:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
sgoodwin
Sure, ill kick this off with a friendly warning aha.

Thinking of going to the cinema any time soon? A nightmare on elm street?

Just walk BACK out the door, by far the worst film this year. Might have actually been better with Brendan Fraser as Freddy. (Yeah i just said that) :lol:

But no seriously, don't.

Sorry for turning this into a rant aha! Gotta get the ball rolling some how :wink:

Really, it's that bad? That's a shame, I was hoping it might possibly be good...There seems to be nothing on in the cinema at the moment.

And yes, thanks for starting us off. I was afraid that a bit of tumbleweed might come rolling by...:eek3:
Reply 3
I saw Robin Hood and Prince of Persia. Screw the former and watch PoP - Gemma Arterton is just simply :drool:
Reply 4
WokSz
I saw Robin Hood and Prince of Persia. Screw the former and watch PoP - Gemma Arterton is just simply :drool:

Aha isn't robin hood essentially gladiator in tights? :wink: Shutter Island is one i watched before, no Gemma Arterton but what it loses in looks it gains in story!
Me and my sister have been working our way through the original collection of Nightmare on Elm Street and I have to say...they're pretty frightening! I think it's just the concept of Freddy that scares me! xox
Reply 6
sgoodwin
Aha isn't robin hood essentially gladiator in tights? :wink: Shutter Island is one i watched before, no Gemma Arterton but what it loses in looks it gains in story!

I hear that movie is epic. The funny thing is that I never got to see it! I really should make more of an effort. Poor form on my behalf. Other then the Vue in Staines, what other good cinemas are there in the region? I'm guessing Windsor has some?
Reply 7
Is the Vue any good? Where i live we have a Cineworld which is pretty nice. If not looks like i'll be relying on ThePirateBay when I arrive!
Reply 8
sgoodwin
Is the Vue any good? Where i live we have a Cineworld which is pretty nice. If not looks like i'll be relying on ThePirateBay when I arrive!

Ooh, what's ThePirateBay?
The Vue is alright, although they pull all that crap with the 'VIP seats', basically charging you a fortune to sit in the middle centre.

It's quite expensive, but no more so than most southern cinemas. Atleast they have automated ticket machines so you don't have to speak to other human beings.
llacerta

It's a torrent site. Are you from the past? :P
Reply 11
llacerta

It's a torrent website. It's illegal though so don't use it :smile:.
Reply 12
GodspeedGehenna
It's a torrent site. Are you from the past? :P

Yes, I am the Ghost of Christmas Past and I'm here to show you what your life could've been like if you hadn't been so mean to people on TSR! :woo:

Just kidding. :p:
Reply 13
Btw, can a mod please sticky this?
llacerta
Yes, I am the Ghost of Christmas Past and I'm here to show you what your life could've been like if you hadn't been so mean to people on TSR! :woo:

Thats a screenplay just waiting to happen. :biggrin:
Reply 15
llacerta

Haha!
Reply 16
Anyone else bored? I'm supposed to go out but I CANNOT BE BOTHERED :frown:.
Reply 17
WokSz
Anyone else bored? I'm supposed to go out but I CANNOT BE BOTHERED :frown:.

I'm supposed to be revising for my unit 2 biology exam, but you have no idea how difficult it is to motivate yourself when you have an unconditional offer. I'm still trying to figure out why I volunteered to do this extra year.

But then again, I'm going out for some Nando's in an hour so it's all good. :biggrin:
llacerta
I'm supposed to be revising for my unit 2 biology exam, but you have no idea how difficult it is to motivate yourself when you have an unconditional offer. I'm still trying to figure out why I volunteered to do this extra year.

But then again, I'm going out for some Nando's in an hour so it's all good. :biggrin:

Is Nandos just KFC but with less street beggars waiting outside to hassle you?
Reply 19
GodspeedGehenna
Is Nandos just KFC but with less street beggars waiting outside to hassle you?

No, because Nando's has that amazing Peri Peri sauce thing that actually gives me orgasms, I swear.

Okay, yes it is basically KFC but with less street beggars outside. And the Peri Peri sauce!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending