The Student Room Group
If you are not sure if you want to go on for a Ph.D, then doing a seperate Masters would be an advantage, as you can choose a course related to whichever career you want to do. The 4 year degree is of advantage if you choose to do higher research. My two cents (and most likely, I am wrong).
Reply 2
A seperate masters is different if you do a 4 year undergrad masters you end up with a straight subject degree under the title MSci or MChem or MPhys depending on the uni. If you do a postgrad masters you get an MSc which is usually a taught course on a specific aspect of your subject, an MSc tends to hone your skills in a particular area which would help you get a job in a specific field, like I do chem and you could do an MSc in water treatment and things like that. and you can do an MSc after an MSci. It is unlikley that you would do an MSc and phd you do one or the other usually, an MSci (undergrad masters) is normal to preceed a Phd
Reply 3
Thanks, I'm thinking of changing to a BSc as it is. I don't know if I want to stay at Imperial for 4 years tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending