The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

strawberry_wise
hear hear!

Ladies it's all very well not wanting saggy boobs but surely its a more pleasant scenario than the possibility of losing your breasts (or even your life) to cancer?

the sacrifice for beauty. :rolleyes:
Reply 61
grace
and i don't see how wearing a bra all the time would STOP them from sagging...what about those african women who wear those metal things on their necks;when they come off, their necks aren't used to the weight of their head and can't support it! Surely it's the same thing.

And if you wear a bra all the time who cares about sagging?! if your bra never comes off you don't need them to be naturally pert, surely?

The best thing girls can do to ensure their breasts don't sag is wear properly fitting bras during the day, supportive bras when running or exercising and no bras to bed. Thats what my mummy told me and she has an incredible rack :smile:

:biggrin: lol.

good point about pertness though grace.
yeah, i always wear a bra to bed, i just think of it as the normal thing to do now...
A very informative thread... I started wearing bra to bed ever since I moved to my current accommodation a year ago- the proximity to various clubs ensured that my friends would crash in after clubbing and so this became a habit. Since reading this, I have reverted back to my old self :biggrin:
whoop, let's let it all hang out!

(under the duvet of course)
Reply 65
Everything gives you cancer, life's to short to worry about it. I only wear a bra if I'm wearing pjamas, otherwise I wear nothing. And I'm always going on about wearing proper bra's on bra threads, all this debenhams and la senza crap will do nothing for you. Some things are worth spending more money on.
Reply 66
Helenia
Yes, really.

It concerns me slightly that people are more worried about not sleeping in a bra causing you to have saggy breasts than the fact that wearing a bra all the time is linked to increased incidence of breast cancer :rolleyes:

I don't wear one at night because it's uncomfortable and I don't see the point.

Well when it's been scientifically proven beyond any doubt to cause breast cancer (which I know it will never be) then I'll stop wearing one. If you read the thread, you'd see that I said I wear a crop top to bed, not a bra, and the reason I do so is that I find it uncomfortable not to.
Reply 67
Ever So Sweet
yeah, i always wear a bra to bed, i just think of it as the normal thing to do now...

Same. I sleep on my front though so I don't find it uncomfortable, clasps don't hurt etc.
I find it uncomfortable not wearing one i have heard lots of rumours of what can happen, but that is all they are, rumours, few if any of them are actually true. The only time i don't wear a bra in bed is when i'm with my boyfriend cos then i don't wear anything.
Reply 69
http://www.007b.com/bras_breast_cancer.php builds on the link that was previously posted
Reply 70
sometimes i do and sometimes i dont. Im used to wearing bras and kinda forget they are there so i dont take them off unless im changing into a new one. Unless the bra doesnt fit right i cant see it raising the possibility anymore than wearing it thoughtout the day.
Reply 71
Think it apparently increases your chance of breasts cancer by 0.01% or something similar, like 0.001 or whatever. Don't remember the figure but it's something very small anyway! Don't think you need to worry :smile: I'm strange - I get days when I wear bras to sleep and then others when I won't wear one for days.
Reply 72
* gemchicken
Well when it's been scientifically proven beyond any doubt to cause breast cancer (which I know it will never be) then I'll stop wearing one. If you read the thread, you'd see that I said I wear a crop top to bed, not a bra, and the reason I do so is that I find it uncomfortable not to.

Lol just cus it may not be scientifically proven beyond all doubt doesn't mean it isn't true. Didn't people doubt smoking causes lung cancer for ages, or something? Even now people still smoke.

Besides, nothing can be "proven" - science suggests the most possible theory beyond doubt, I think - it doesn't necessarily "prove" it, but it's universally accepted, like the shortest distance between two points is a straight line in all cases can't be proven but you won't find anyone contradicting it (unless they were some theoretical physics person)
Reply 73
morningtheft
Bras won't prevent your breasts from sagging.

When you wear a bra 24/7, the ligaments in your breasts weaken from lack of use. And thus, they sag more. At least in theory. There is no medical evidence that supports the myth that bras prevent sagging. Your breasts will sag when you're older, no matter what you do. Though not wearing a bra ALL of the time will probably help.

Then what is the purpose of bras...? I've sorta wondered about that. My mum thinks it's indecent not to wear a bra :rolleyes: and made me wear one when they started growing lol. But without a bra always feels better :biggrin: so - what is the purpose of bras if not to prevent sagging and shaping?
Reply 74
i know if i dont wear a bra, my boobs ache because of the bouncing id guess. I also get back ache if i aint wearing support. and the "nipple ripples" showing under your tshirt.
Reply 75
irisng
Then what is the purpose of bras...? I've sorta wondered about that. My mum thinks it's indecent not to wear a bra :rolleyes: and made me wear one when they started growing lol. But without a bra always feels better :biggrin: so - what is the purpose of bras if not to prevent sagging and shaping?

To give support so that you back doesn't ache.
Reply 76
Luize
To give support so that you back doesn't ache.

But my back doesn't ache without a bra :confused: I could go for days on end without a bra. It makes no difference to what I feel whether I wear one or not.

Although I do get this feeling that I wanna wear one after a few days lol - more support, I suppose. But it's not pain - I don't ache without a bra. So are bras really a necessity?
Reply 77
irisng
But my back doesn't ache without a bra :confused: I could go for days on end without a bra. It makes no difference to what I feel whether I wear one or not.

Although I do get this feeling that I wanna wear one after a few days lol - more support, I suppose. But it's not pain - I don't ache without a bra. So are bras really a necessity?

For some people they definatly are.
irisng

This is what some executive in the bra industry has to say about that!

"We have no evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle, so keeping it toned up is an impossibility. What it can do, particularly for larger-breasted women, is obviously to provide the comfort and the support. So, if a woman wants a particular breast profile, she will buy a particular brand, and that is what they're designed for. There's no permanent effect on the breast from wearing a particular bra. The bra will give you the shape the bra's been designed to give while you're wearing it. Of course, when you take it off, you go 'au natural.' "
executive John Dixey at Bras, Bare Facts documentary
Reply 79
morningtheft
This is what some executive in the bra industry has to say about that!

Lol how educational! Although yeh, the support is nice. Not when it's baking hot though :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending