The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Revision Notes

Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

FAQs

1) I wrote them myself. You might have been given them by your teacher/best friend/whatever, but that does not mean they are not mine. You will not find any copies of these notes from any other source dated any earlier than these ones (unless I posted them in a different thread first, which I think I did with a couple). There are mistakes in them. I wrote them in a rush. You will see from some of the early replies that I corrected them as they were pointed out. Now I'm more occupied with my degree and I'm not even sure if I still have the original files.

2) I got an A in each of my exams and I'm now studying human biology at university. I have not done A levels for a long time (more years have passed than I care to admit!). I probably can't answer your specific questions but there are other threads around here where they will be able to help you.

3) I don't know if using my notes will get you an A and I don't know how you should revise. I wrote them as part of my cramming. As mentioned previously, they have mistakes. TBH, reading these notes wouldn't have helped me when I did the exams. It was the writing them which I found useful.

4) I did OCR B Salters Chemistry (So F331, F332 etc.). I have another thread somewhere with those notes in. However, they are not as good as these ones because I predominantly revised using my tutor's notes rather than writing my own. Yes, I got 90%+ in my chemistry coursework; no, you can't have a copy.

5) I'm at university now. I won't be writing more notes and I can't write some for a different module for you.

6) I'm a woman, please don't refer to me as a 'he'.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lexafish
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

thaks for these notes, they look really good :yep:
Reply 2
lexafish

Quality is amazing:eek: Are they really yours and how long did it take?
Reply 3
In2deep
Quality is amazing:eek: Are they really yours and how long did it take?

Yeah, they're really mine

F214 took me a day coz I was freaking out the night before the exam. The others took me a bit longer, coz I have a really short attention span.
Reply 4
lexafish
Yeah, they're really mine

F214 took me a day coz I was freaking out the night before the exam. The others took me a bit longer, coz I have a really short attention span.

Absolutely amazing, will +rep you.

Do you do Edexcel A-level Chemistry by any chance?:colondollar:
Thanks a lot. :top:

Do you have them for OCR Chemistry ? I would've repped you again, but I've already done it in the past 28 days.
Reply 6
In2deep
Absolutely amazing, will +rep you.

Do you do Edexcel A-level Chemistry by any chance?:colondollar:

Liverpool F.C.™
Thanks a lot. :top:

Do you have them for OCR Chemistry ? I would've repped you again, but I've already done it in the past 28 days.

I do OCR B Chemistry, but I'm not sure if I'll do notes for those exams.
Reply 7
lexafish

Ah thanks very much for these. I was seriously losing faith in getting an A in biology, despite doing well at AS :eek3:

+rep :smile:
Reply 8
These are brilliant!
Thank you so much! This is much better than looking over my notes all the time!
That's so nice of you to share them!
Pos rep for you :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks alot for these, they're really good :grin:
Time for last minute bio revision - exam's tomorrow!
lexafish

woah your notes are so good!!! :O :biggrin: +ve rep!! they mustve taken you forever!! thank you for sharing! :biggrin:
Reply 11
thanks alot...ure a lifesaver
Reply 12
lexafish

Wow, these notes are reaallyy good!! :yy:

Did you use these notes for the Jan F214 module, if so, do you mind me asking what you got? :o:
Reply 13
Ohhai
Wow, these notes are reaallyy good!! :yy:

Did you use these notes for the Jan F214 module, if so, do you mind me asking what you got? :o:

Yes, I did, and I got an A
Reply 14
lexafish

:eek: Ahhh thanks a lot a lot you're a life saver, do you think it's possible to get a b/c solely with these? :smile:
Reply 15
lexafish

Wow!! :biggrin: Thank you so much. :smile:
Reply 16
majid81
:eek: Ahhh thanks a lot a lot you're a life saver, do you think it's possible to get a b/c solely with these? :smile:

I don't know. I revise by writing them, not really by reading them

On that note, I've not proof read them, so I have no clue how many typos there are.
nice work
thanks
Reply 18
lexafish
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)[/QUO

Thank you!! you are a life saver.i wish you all the best
Reply 19
lexafish
I believe you mixed up the batch and continuous cultures in the table for f215 (page 11).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending