The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Revision Notes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HK786
they're awesome

Your welcome :smile:
Sorry for the bump

Can these resources be useful even though I'm doing Biology OCR A @ AS level ?
Reply 142
Thanks for the notes! I'm doing AS Biology, and I wanted to ask, are these notes just to recap what i've been taught, or can I just learn these and get an A in my exams?

Have you got the other units ? Such as F211

Thanks
Reply 144
This is reaaaaallly strange. My school give out notes for each unit and most of the sentences in my school notes are completely identical to your set of notes.. the school note has more pics and disgrams though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are the mistakes in it that she referred to? :O
Your biology notes are so good, I'm resitting the year and I need all the help I can get - these should really help, thank you! You referred to beta-blockers and schizophrenia in your F211 notes which made me think: did you do Psychology AQA A2 by any chance? And did you make any notes for this? :smile:
Original post by ThatSuaveFellow
Where are the mistakes in it that she referred to? :O

The only one that I found was about the phospholipid bilayer, as the head is hydrophilic, not hydrophobic :smile:
Original post by hellolivia
Your biology notes are so good, I'm resitting the year and I need all the help I can get - these should really help, thank you! You referred to beta-blockers and schizophrenia in your F211 notes which made me think: did you do Psychology AQA A2 by any chance? And did you make any notes for this? :smile:

hellolivia, i know how difficult psychology a2 is!! i am doing psychology a2 aqa A spec, check this thread out if your doing aqa A http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2483666, a good friend of mine nm786 has posted his essays and it has all the possible essays that could come up for the topics relationships, aggression and eating behaviour:smile: and if you have any questions for other topics like sleep, you can ask them as well :biggrin:
Original post by lexafish
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

FAQs

1) I wrote them myself. You might have been given them by your teacher/best friend/whatever, but that does not mean they are not mine. You will not find any copies of these notes from any other source dated any earlier than these ones (unless I posted them in a different thread first, which I think I did with a couple). There are mistakes in them. I wrote them in a rush. You will see from some of the early replies that I corrected them as they were pointed out. Now I'm more occupied with my degree and I'm not even sure if I still have the original files.

2) I got an A in each of my exams and I'm now studying human biology at university. I have not done A levels for a long time (more years have passed than I care to admit!). I probably can't answer your specific questions but there are other threads around here where they will be able to help you.

3) I don't know if using my notes will get you an A and I don't know how you should revise. I wrote them as part of my cramming. As mentioned previously, they have mistakes. TBH, reading these notes wouldn't have helped me when I did the exams. It was the writing them which I found useful.

4) I did OCR B Salters Chemistry (So F331, F332 etc.). I have another thread somewhere with those notes in. However, they are not as good as these ones because I predominantly revised using my tutor's notes rather than writing my own. Yes, I got 90%+ in my chemistry coursework; no, you can't have a copy.

5) I'm at university now. I won't be writing more notes and I can't write some for a different module for you.

6) I'm a woman, please don't refer to me as a 'he'.

I thought Phosphate head supposed to be hydrophilic in p.4 question (d) from f211
Anyway, the rest of them are really good, thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by riddle&mystery
Your welcome :smile:

your notes are awesome!!! your getting repped, btw doesnt the enzyme helicase break the hydrogen bonds between the bases , not rna polymerase, also do you recommend i use lexafish's notes or your notes and do you have any for f214:colondollar:
Aha thanks :biggrin:

Nope, it's RNA polymerase that breaks the hydrogen bonds between the bases. I asked the same question to a lecturer from Birmingham university and he told be its RNA polymerase.

Erm.. Tbh I use lexafish's notes too so I guess its good to use a bit of both and my notes on f214 are hand written. Sorry
Original post by riddle&mystery
Aha thanks :biggrin:

Nope, it's RNA polymerase that breaks the hydrogen bonds between the bases. I asked the same question to a lecturer from Birmingham university and he told be its RNA polymerase.

Erm.. Tbh I use lexafish's notes too so I guess its good to use a bit of both and my notes on f214 are hand written. Sorry

ahhhh i seee! my teach told me back in AS its helicase, even the markschemes mentioned it lol, thats why i was confused but thank you :biggrin: so are you in university? btw can i ask you some questions, how did you revise for biology like what revision method did you use and do you recommend that i do past paper questions using my notes to help me answer them. i cant seem to get myself to revise and i honestly dont know how i learn, i think i learn through pictures but that is hard to incorporate into revision.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 153
These notes aren't too bad. They'll definitely help me with my revision.
Reply 154
what book(s) did you guys use to revise biology ocr?
Reply 155
could you possibly upload the OCR Chemistry notes as well pretty pleaseeee (with cherries on top)!! :biggrin: + Good with your Human Biology Course ;D
Reply 156
This helps so much! By the way, did you do OCR AS biology? and have you done any notes on Food and Health?
Does anyone have a link for the F335 notes??
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

FAQs

1) I wrote them myself. You might have been given them by your teacher/best friend/whatever, but that does not mean they are not mine. You will not find any copies of these notes from any other source dated any earlier than these ones (unless I posted them in a different thread first, which I think I did with a couple). There are mistakes in them. I wrote them in a rush. You will see from some of the early replies that I corrected them as they were pointed out. Now I'm more occupied with my degree and I'm not even sure if I still have the original files.

2) I got an A in each of my exams and I'm now studying human biology at university. I have not done A levels for a long time (more years have passed than I care to admit!). I probably can't answer your specific questions but there are other threads around here where they will be able to help you.

3) I don't know if using my notes will get you an A and I don't know how you should revise. I wrote them as part of my cramming. As mentioned previously, they have mistakes. TBH, reading these notes wouldn't have helped me when I did the exams. It was the writing them which I found useful.

4) I did OCR B Salters Chemistry (So F331, F332 etc.). I have another thread somewhere with those notes in. However, they are not as good as these ones because I predominantly revised using my tutor's notes rather than writing my own. Yes, I got 90%+ in my chemistry coursework; no, you can't have a copy.

5) I'm at university now. I won't be writing more notes and I can't write some for a different module for you.

6) I'm a woman, please don't refer to me as a 'he'.

Does anyone have a link for F335??
Reply 159
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-).

WOAH!! Thanks mate, you have summarised everything so concisely yet you have not scrimped on the vital details.:smile: I take my hypothetical hat off to you, sir.:biggrin::cool: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending