The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Government and Politics - Which Units are You Studying?

Hi all,

Just doing a quick survey of G&P A2 units that are being studied this year and the next...

My school currently teaches Option B: Political Ideologies all the way through, for both Units 3 and 4.

What is school / college studying? Any 'odd' combinations out there, such as 3A: UK Political Issues and 4D: Global Political Issues?

Please answer briefly by stating what units / options you're doing and a short sentence stating what you think of them...

Cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure which modules they are (3A/4D etc)

But we just do American Politics :smile:
Reply 2
We do whichever is the one on US Politics.:yep:
Reply 3
i did uk political issues and now im doing EU political issues

the uk 1 is pretty good as you can relate to it alot, it consists of four topics
1) Law and order - policing, prisons, punishment, eroding civil liberties
2) welfare state - education, poverty, social security, nhs
3) economy - how hav the economic hadling lead to the recession, have the parties become similar, stealth taxes.
4) enviorment - taxation, green taxes

law and order, and welfare state is pretty good but the economy is quite hard along with enviorment

EU is quite hard, cuz its like bran new information
you study, CAP, Single market, the euro, uk and eu relations
its alot of content! and i pretty much hate it lol but 1nce u get the hang of things it turns out quite interesting
I'm doing global politics at the minute... it's so hard to revise for because sources of information are everywhere!

I did the general british politics last year: the one where half the course was constitution/ PM and cabinet etc with the other pressure groups/ democracy.

I really like the international side of the course this year. It's difficult but very very interesting :smile:
Reply 5
I am doing ideology like you but I think if you have for example, 3B you have to follow with 4B..
Reply 6
I'm doing 3A and 4D - its quite difficult, they share nothing in content but are both interesting enough. 3A is quite clear and concise to study but 4D is huge and the potential information for answers is everywhere!
I'm doing Ideologies. I wish I was doing US politics :frown:
Reply 8
I'm doing 3D & 4D- the global Politics option. So hard without a textbook.
Reply 9
US Politics

Help :puppyeyes:
jelly1000

i did unit 3d too..how did ur school generally find the unit3 paper?
Political ideologies all the way through.
forstudents
i did unit 3d too..how did ur school generally find the unit3 paper?

There were only 5 of us in the class, the other 4 said they didn't find it too bad, I didn't like Section A at all though. Section B on the other hand- that UN question was a gift. Though I spent so long trying to work out what to write for Section A that I didn't have enough time to write a good answer for Section B.
We're going 3A UK Politics and 4A The EU

The EU is very very hard. The 4 institutions aren't clearly defined with set powers - they're all tied together in ridiculous ways and it's really exposed how complicated and bureaucratic the whole thing is.

I hate QMV with a passion. Not to mention 'Neofunctionalism' and 'Supranationalism'
(hangs self)
Reply 14
SO TRUE!

jelly1000
ajsj
SO TRUE!

It makes it impossible to know what you need to know until the exam. Like today the question on the National Debt Crisis- I'd never heard of it- it wasn't mentioned in the information the chief examiner sent me when I complained to him about a lack of information.
Unit 3 - UK Political Issues
Unit 4 - European Union
Representative proccesses in the USA
Governing the USA
Reply 18
jakethomas991
We're going 3A UK Politics and 4A The EU

The EU is very very hard. The 4 institutions aren't clearly defined with set powers - they're all tied together in ridiculous ways and it's really exposed how complicated and bureaucratic the whole thing is.

I hate QMV with a passion. Not to mention 'Neofunctionalism' and 'Supranationalism'
(hangs self)

hiii what books did u use for unit 3A and 4A im doing it on my own can u help me out plzzz and what did u get?
rehov

My school currently teaches Option B: Political Ideologies all the way through, for both Units 3 and 4.

:ditto: How are you finding it so far?

Latest

Trending

Trending