The Student Room Group

General A level History help (OLD SPEC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Great stuff on revision and such. Though you seem to have none of my units there :smile:
letsdothetimewarpagain
Awesome thanks, I have a copy of the exam board book too but it hurts my brain too much :biggrin: I am going to kick serious ass on this resit :colonhash:
Its just pure crap to be honest. Is that all you're retaking?

This is unit two??
D.R.E
Great stuff on revision and such. Though you seem to have none of my units there :smile:
Im still updating it :biggrin: What units are you aiming at?
Stricof

This is unit two??

Yeah unit two, I got 94 on my unit one and 44 on this one :laugh: I'm doing 2 others but History is my priority seeing as I want to study it :colone:
letsdothetimewarpagain
Yeah unit two, I got 94 on my unit one and 44 on this one :laugh: I'm doing 2 others but History is my priority seeing as I want to study it :colone:
Hmm well Unit 2 is slightly different. As Q1 is source based and Q2 is combination of the two.

I can PM you writing technique on this if you wish. Even if you know the knowledge you can still get a U if you dont know how to write it. I plan to go into much more depth in this help page later though.
Stricof
Hmm well Unit 2 is slightly different. As Q1 is source based and Q2 is combination of the two.

I can PM you writing technique on this if you wish. Even if you know the knowledge you can still get a U if you dont know how to write it. I plan to go into much more depth in this help page later though.

If you already have it then it would be awesome, otherwise I'll wait until you do this page :yes:
Reply 25
Stricof

This is unit two??

I'm not sure what they are called, but I just finished my AS year now and we did U.S. Civil Rights from 1945-74, U.S. Foreign Policy in South East Asia from 1945-74 and 'Conflict and Consensus: Post-war British Politics up till Thatcher's demise. I didn't revise well enough so I need to resit the British politics module. :frown:

In September we're starting up on the English Civil War(s) and Post-war African history: independence and African nationalism etc.
letsdothetimewarpagain
If you already have it then it would be awesome, otherwise I'll wait until you do this page :yes:
PM'd :h:
D.R.E
I'm not sure what they are called, but I just finished my AS year now and we did U.S. Civil Rights from 1945-74, U.S. Foreign Policy in South East Asia from 1945-74 and 'Conflict and Consensus: Post-war British Politics up till Thatcher's demise. I didn't revise well enough so I need to resit the British politics module. :frown:

In September we're starting up on the English Civil War(s) and Post-war African history: independence and African nationalism etc.
In that paper your technique is probably more important than the knowledge. I can PM you stuff on technique if you wish?
Reply 28
Stricof
In that paper your technique is probably more important than the knowledge. I can PM you stuff on technique if you wish?

Yes please. I'm rather annoyed about that C so I'm willing to do anything to rectify it! :o:
D.R.E
Yes please. I'm rather annoyed about that C so I'm willing to do anything to rectify it! :o:
Reply 30
Stricof

Excellent; thanks a lot. Hopefully I can put that to good use when the resits come around.
Good luck guys :holmes:
Stricof

could you pm me also with the writing technique? i got 82 in my unit 2 but i only achieved 56 on my unit 1, i think i majorly lost marks on my writing technique/argument structure not knowledge/facts so much :s-smilie: well im retaking anyway now!

cheers this is gonna help me soo much now! :yep:
thegreasyspoon
could you pm me also with the writing technique? i got 82 in my unit 2 but i only achieved 56 on my unit 1, i think i majorly lost marks on my writing technique/argument structure not knowledge/facts so much :s-smilie: well im retaking anyway now!

cheers this is gonna help me soo much now! :yep:
You want unit 1 help or two? I was PM'ing them Unit 2 btw
What topic anyway?
Stricof
You want unit 1 help or two? I was PM'ing them Unit 2 btw
What topic anyway?

Unit 1. I think it was the one about power, belief and conflict... does it matter if yours was different? surely the structure of the argument would be the same??

cheers
thegreasyspoon
Unit 1. I think it was the one about power, belief and conflict... does it matter if yours was different? surely the structure of the argument would be the same??

cheers
In the USA? Erm, okay :h: I'll write something up later.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1061279

Look at that whilst you're at it.
Stricof
In the USA? Erm, okay :h: I'll write something up later.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1061279

Look at that whilst you're at it.

Nope it was 'early modern europe'...
thegreasyspoon

cheers

Not between unit 1 and unit 2, two different styles of exam :yes:
letsdothetimewarpagain
Not between unit 1 and unit 2, two different styles of exam :yes:

I meant throughout all unit 1 exams, it's the same. :smile:
These books are 101% better :eek3: I may stand a chance of getting above a c this time :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest