The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

infinitesoul
Does anybody know what the grade boundaries were for this exam? Overall i thought it was a good paper hope I don't prove myself wrong.

They won't be worked out until everyones papers are marked and analysed.
Mmm guys I'm sure any type of reinforcement means you will want to repeat a behaviour and vicariuos punishment is the other one and also is behaviour shaping a type of operant conditioning? I hope so :smile: it wasn't to bad especially considering I only revised the night before :/
ihaterealitytvshows
Mmm guys I'm sure any type of reinforcement means you will want to repeat a behaviour and vicariuos punishment is the other one and also is behaviour shaping a type of operant conditioning? I hope so :smile: it wasn't to bad especially considering I only revised the night before :/

Yes, and the 1st point can;t really be tested. Might look that one up tbh. Not in the Christine Brain textbook (coz its ****)
Well that proved inconclusive. It said about imitating behaviour then gave an example where something is avoided because of seeing what happened to another.
Mcfilly
I put about the id being the demanding part and wanting irrational wishes etc.. and that those come through in our dreams, also about defence mechanisms and I used Little Albert as an example (the dreams about wiping childrens bottoms shows pleasure at the anal stage unconsciously = comes through in dreams), i put about the manifest and latent content.. and i put an alternative to the psychodynamic approach too.. the biological explanation is that dreams are thoughts left over from the day which is a lot more measurable and testable than the psychodynamic explanation.. umm I can't remember what else lol? I rambled on haha :smile:

I wrote all of that but i also wrote about the activation synthesis theory and the restorational theory and about the fact that animals also dream but it doesn't seem likely that they need to do this to express unacceptable desires and a few other things too
Loz17
Well that proved inconclusive. It said about imitating behaviour then gave an example where something is avoided because of seeing what happened to another.

Well I didn't read the whole question to be honest but maybe it was just to trick us??
ihaterealitytvshows
Well I didn't read the whole question to be honest but maybe it was just to trick us??

Maybe. No-one knows tbh.
How did everyone find the question about evaluating our learning practical in terms of generalisabilty and reliability ?
Reply 108
Page 137 of the edexcel as psychology STUDENT BOOK. vicarious reinforcement is learning correct behaviours by observing other peoples successes.
Reply 109
ihaterealitytvshows
I wrote all of that but i also wrote about the activation synthesis theory and the restorational theory and about the fact that animals also dream but it doesn't seem likely that they need to do this to express unacceptable desires and a few other things too

We've never learnt that activation synthesis theory :s or the restorational theory :frown:
Da_hopeful_1
They came up in this paper.

A whole 12 juicy marks : P

and what makes you think they never come up.

It's like only the second ever paper they've produced lool

No I meant on the psychology exams papers in general, but ye luckily I didn't totally exclude it from my revision and hopefully i'll get some marks from that question =]
Loz17
Yes, and the 1st point can;t really be tested. Might look that one up tbh. Not in the Christine Brain textbook (coz its ****)

Just emailed my teacher about that one, he says its was that one. the positive one about observing others and receiving a reward
What 12 mark question is everyone talking about? o_O oh god.. is it the psychodynamic key issue bit? I talked about psychotherapy? >_<
Beautiful Nightmare
What 12 mark question is everyone talking about? o_O oh god.. is it the psychodynamic key issue bit? I talked about psychotherapy? >_<

Psychotherapy is included in it as its an application of the key issue. Mine was mainly based at psychotherapy but I used the ideas of Freids theory to explain why its used.
Was worried then, but realised people have different key issues, thought I had done it wrong for a minute!

Thought the paper was very nice, only revised the night before so very lucky nothing hard came up.
How did everyone find the multiple choice ?
Da_hopeful_1
How did everyone find the multiple choice ?

12/13 I think.
Loz17
12/13 I think.

Hopefully, atleast 11 for me, do you know if the paper is somewhere on the internet, or if anyone can get a hold of it, before our responses fade from our long term memory :/
Reply 118
Yeh i can hardly remember the multiple choice now? I only remember being a bit confused about 1 of them though - but i can't remember which!??

Latest

Trending

Trending