The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl - With Abb??

So im thinking of applying for GEOLOGY, the way things are going it seems i will get an A in geography and hopefully 2 Bs in Biology and Chemistry, do you think i stand a chance with those grades, willl probably get them as my predicted aswell, geology is a pretty uncompetitive course but was just wondering, because its UCL will the course be competitive there?
Have a look on their prospectus/website and see what the typical offer is. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
SmartFool
So im thinking of applying for GEOLOGY, the way things are going it seems i will get an A in geography and hopefully 2 Bs in Biology and Chemistry, do you think i stand a chance with those grades, willl probably get them as my predicted aswell, geology is a pretty uncompetitive course but was just wondering, because its UCL will the course be competitive there?

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/prospectus/maps/earth-sciences/

If you look at the entry requirements, UCL ask for grades AAA to ABB, with two subjects from maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
Reply 3
The requirements on the website are stated as: 'AAA-ABB to include two from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology, science subjects preferred'...

From that it would appear that you should meet the requirements. You would be at the lower end of the accepted grades though, so perhaps email them and ask how likely it is that you would receive an ABB offer? I have no idea how competitive the course is, they should have a fairly good idea of the typical offer someone with your grades would receive...
If thats the grades listed on the prospectus, and you're predicted them then you should get an interview/offer, providing your PS is good. But as you said its not a competetive course so they should accept the grades listed, even though its UCL :smile:
Reply 5
TheSownRose
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/prospectus/maps/earth-sciences/

If you look at the entry requirements, UCL ask for grades AAA to ABB, with two subjects from maths, physics, chemistry and biology.

Thanks for that:smile: just can't seem to find where it says how many applicants there are for the amount of places they offer:confused:
Reply 6
I get the impression that yes while they have these ABB offers they always prioritise the AAA -AAB students and this is one of the most competitive unis in the country/world
Reply 7
I got into UCL with bbbc at AS level, and predictions of AAB. I'm pretty sure that if your predictions meet their minimum requirements, you'd be called for interview (UCL interview a lot of people). I get the impression that UCL base a lot of their decision on the interview, not just grades, so you definitely have a shot :smile:
You're definitely in with a chance - is there any way you could work really hard in chemistry or biology and get up to an A? Or beg your teacher to predict you an A? This would improve your application a lot; while it isn't the most competitive course it is a good university and the applications are only going to get more competitive year after year. I would definitely apply though, you might have a nice surprise :smile:
Reply 9
I think you are in with a chance. However, I applied for biomedical sciences which had the same requirements ABB-AAA hoping for an ABB offer but because they had so many applicants their minimum offers were AAB.
Reply 10
yeah i reckon i could convince my chemistry teacher to predict me an A, but its actually achieveing it that would be the problem
Reply 11
Go for it, I got in with that. If you are predicted an A though, they will expect you to get it and make it part of your offer. Good luck!

Latest