The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was alright. I was a bit bummed that stuff came up on food spoiling as I didn't reallty think it warranted 3 marks?
Also, 7 marks for the antibody thing?
Apart from: diff primary structure so different complementary shape for antigen, strong disulfide bonds, hinge region, was there a lot more you could put?
But they were all pretty answerable.
Reply 301
That wasn't too bad...... couldn't have been much worse.......
Reply 302
yes it wasn't bad
it was better than all the past papers i have been doing
hoping for an A if not a B will suffice providing i get an A overall :biggrin:

anyone else found that classification system question (difference between using domain and kingdom classification system) quite tricky? i remember reading it on the book but i cannot remember the reasoning :s-smilie:
Reply 303
pluuum
yes it wasn't bad
it was better than all the past papers i have been doing
hoping for an A if not a B will suffice providing i get an A overall :biggrin:

anyone else found that classification system question (difference between using domain and kingdom classification system) quite tricky? i remember reading it on the book but i cannot remember the reasoning :s-smilie:

I found that question tricky just made up the answer :s-smilie:
Reply 304
SarahMorgan2793
I thought it was alright. I was a bit bummed that stuff came up on food spoiling as I didn't reallty think it warranted 3 marks?
Also, 7 marks for the antibody thing?
Apart from: diff primary structure so different complementary shape for antigen, strong disulfide bonds, hinge region, was there a lot more you could put?
But they were all pretty answerable.

I think you probably should get a mark for the following points on the antibody Q:

-Variable region
-Is antigen-binding site
-Different variable regions have different sequences of amino acids
-Each variable region is specific to a certain antigen
-Each antibody has more than one variable region/antigen-binding site
-So can attach to more than one pathogen
-Agglutination
-Constant region is the same in each antibody
-Allows antibody to bind to receptors on phagocytes/mast cells
-Hinge region
-Allows flexibility during antigen binding
-Disulphide bonds hold polypeptide chains together
-Maybe something about heavy and light chains

Plus there's probably points I've missed =o
Reply 305
Out of all the F212 papers that has to be the easiest. I thought Jan 10 wasn't hard but this one was better. What people write about the:

1. differences between domain and classication question
2. EIA - reasons for it?
3. taxomony questions
4. biodiversity questions
i thought it went okay, but some of the questions were a bit :|

the food spoilage one was just a waffle and so was the EIA one. Apart from that it was fine :smile:
Reply 307
Tacita
I think you probably should get a mark for the following points on the antibody Q:

-Variable region
-Is antigen-binding site
-Different variable regions have different sequences of amino acids
-Each variable region is specific to a certain antigen
-Each antibody has more than one variable region/antigen-binding site
-So can attach to more than one pathogen
-Agglutination
-Constant region is the same in each antibody
-Allows antibody to bind to receptors on phagocytes/mast cells
-Hinge region
-Allows flexibility during antigen binding
-Disulphide bonds hold polypeptide chains together
-Maybe something about heavy and light chains

Plus there's probably points I've missed =o

lol You make that question look easy......

agglutination!!.......I wrote, agglugation.....I feel sorry for myself....:frown:
Reply 308
DR_X
lol You make that question look easy......

agglutination!!.......I wrote, agglugation.....I feel sorry for myself....:frown:

I had a bad feeling there was going to be a big question on antibodies, so I memorised the mark scheme. You don't know how pleased (and slightly smug) I was when I turned the page and saw that question! :o:

Aww, don't feel sorry for yourself *hug* Personally, I think 'agglugation' sounds much cooler.... :p:
Reply 309
Tacita
I had a bad feeling there was going to be a big question on antibodies, so I memorised the mark scheme. You don't know how pleased (and slightly smug) I was when I turned the page and saw that question! :o:

Aww, don't feel sorry for yourself *hug* Personally, I think 'agglugation' sounds much cooler.... :p:

Hahaha i memorised the antibody thing too, i skipped a few pages at the start so i can answer that question first ahaha :biggrin:
polzeath.sunset
synoplastic and apoplastic? What are they? Dyou mean symplast and apoplast cuz if you do they arent on tomorrows paper :biggrin:

ha you got me paranoid there! :eek: . yeah im an idiot, realised im doing AQA not OCR. and i meant the symplastic and apoplastc pathways in plants. i guess the syllabus is different.
nathaliexapple
ha you got me paranoid there! :eek: . yeah im an idiot, realised im doing AQA not OCR. and i meant the symplastic and apoplastc pathways in plants. i guess the syllabus is different.

haha, i do like to worry people unnecessarily :P lol how did it go?

Latest

Trending

Trending