The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths Non Calc 7th June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SharpSchool
Yeah i got 16y pie cubed too for one of the shapes :smile:. Did you end up with the size order from smallest to largest being sphere --> Cone --> Cylinder?

i think so :biggrin: i feel pretty good about this exam
Reply 21
KS2010
VERY HARD paper compared to all the other past papers.

What did everyone get for that height of mast with that height of man? (something like that)

I can't remember, but did you get for the 'cliff' bit that the length was 900-and-something? 'Cos I got that then added on the heigh of the man, and then the height of the mast to get my total.
Reply 22
KS2010
VERY HARD paper compared to all the other past papers.

What did everyone get for that height of mast with that height of man? (something like that)

I got 1250m I think :// let's hope I get marks for working out... what did you get?
Well actually now i remember i got one of the shape answers as pie16y cubed but i'm guessing thats the same as 16y pie cubed?
Reply 24
jessicakate123
the boundaries will definintely go down, without a doubt. i havent heard anyone say it was easy so they must have to go down. but the calc paper will probs be easy because this one was so hard!

More likely the calculator paper will be just as hard, although the majority of people find the calculator paper easier anyway.
I think they changed the format of the paper this year, like they did with the science ones, so maybe they overestimated and made it a little too challenged. They'll probably make an easier paper next year, which will give lower grade boundaries than this one.
Reply 25
n33t
thats the one i did :smile: everyone else seems to be talking about something diff....was probabilty ur last q?

yee! :biggrin: phewww... thought i'd missed out loads of questions ten :/ did u gt the sphere/cyclinder one?
Reply 26
Hah! The goat question!
We actually did a question on class involving a goat, but I though "I won't revise this bit as we won't get a question about a goat... I mean come on!!" and we got a question about a goat!!
For the tower one I thinbk I got about 1650 or something around that? Can't remember exactly!
Aah the volume one I got two as having the same volume - no idea how?!
Reply 27
ayseta
I got 1250m I think :// let's hope I get marks for working out... what did you get?

YES! I got something like 1246, and then had to round to the nearest ten, which would be 1250. I feel better now.
Reply 28
i thought i had foundation paper at first, but i somehow forgot the formula to work out the sides on the polygon :frown:
the goat question didnt seem very clear - did people put a circle with an 8m diameter, and then just the half of the circle that didnt completely fit into the box?
how were you supposed to work out the mountain one with the man and the telescope?
I really didn't get the how many sides one, with the angles being 168 I think it was...
I went back to it at the very end, and it was covered in random workings-out, and they said close your papers, so I wrote down 33, because that was the first number I thought of =P
Reply 30
someone tell me what the last question was?? i swear it wasnt probability
the goat question didnt seem very clear - did people put a circle with an 8m diameter, and then just the half of the circle that didnt completely fit into the box?

Yes, but I think it was radius 8, but I might be remembering it wrong.
Reply 32
beelz
someone tell me what the last question was?? i swear it wasnt probability

The last question was simplifying an algebraic fraction - it was a beast.
Reply 33
JessicABRACADABRA
I really didn't get the how many sides one, with the angles being 168 I think it was...
I went back to it at the very end, and it was covered in random workings-out, and they said close your papers, so I wrote down 33, because that was the first number I thought of =P

ooh so close! I think the answer was 30?!
Reply 34
kt3991
hellloo :smile: is everyone talking about the linear 4306/1h paper (i think) cos dont remember there being any of the questions mentioned in the paper :/

same! dont recognise any of these questions?? now i worried :/ mine was 2 hours and it was the higher paper
Reply 35
the shapes were from smallest to largest
Cone (pi16cubed), cylinder (pi32cubed), sphere (pi36cubed)
Reply 36
n33t
thats the one i did :smile: everyone else seems to be talking about something diff....was probabilty ur last q?

Mine was. What did you get for the circle theorem question (5 marks)?
For the volume order, I got Cone - Cylinder - Sphere. Cone ended up being 1/3 * 48y^3pi, which was 16y^3pi. Cylinder was 32y^3pi I think and the sphere was 36y^3pi, as it was 4/3 * 27y^3pi. Anyone else get this?
Reply 38
My test was 2 hours long it was AQA non calc still tho.

Anyone else do that one?
Reply 39
JessicABRACADABRA

I got 30, what was the circle theorem answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending