The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bummmmmp
Reply 2
My teacher said;

don't read the whole thing, your better than that. It counts as 20% of the C4 module. It's fairly basic, you've come this far in maths and your not gonna trip at the last hurdle.

Read the question carefully, and find the relevant part in the text its asking you about,read a few lines before it and few lines after it so you can put it into context. There is a lot of rubbish in there which is completely unrelated to the questions your answering.

You should be able to finish it in about 30-40minutes.
Reply 3
I find that part really hard, paper A is alright, Paper B is very hard. Defeats the whole point of maths.
I actually like the Comprehension paper, because it encourages us MEIers to apply our maths in more unfamiliar situations and no other exam board does it.

Personally I find the comprehension paper quite straightforward; I've only done a few papers but I get the general idea and there really isn't any point in revising them intensely because any topic could come up. I suppose as long as you have a general idea of the paper, then you should be able to apply the maths relatively easily. The maths required is knowledge from all over the A-level, but if you read the booklet carefully then you can establish a better idea of the required answer.

The important thing is, DON'T PANIC. Even though it's easy to do when there's an unfamiliar context, the general principle of applying your maths is the same.
Reply 5
OL1V3R
I actually like the Comprehension paper, because it encourages us MEIers to apply our maths in more unfamiliar situations and no other exam board does it.

Personally I find the comprehension paper quite straightforward; I've only done a few papers but I get the general idea and there really isn't any point in revising them intensely because any topic could come up. I suppose as long as you have a general idea of the paper, then you should be able to apply the maths relatively easily. The maths required is knowledge from all over the A-level, but if you read the booklet carefully then you can establish a better idea of the required answer.

The important thing is, DON'T PANIC. Even though it's easy to do when there's an unfamiliar context, the general principle of applying your maths is the same.

Generally I agree with you. But they are so random, and some of them are actually very hard!
(Apparently there was a wave function one a while ago that was particularly difficult - I haven't found it though).
I'm not looking forward to it.
Reply 6
Toneh
Generally I agree with you. But they are so random, and some of them are actually very hard!
(Apparently there was a wave function one a while ago that was particularly difficult - I haven't found it though).
I'm not looking forward to it.

I agree it so random, it is not predictable at all. I got told by my teacher to not brother revising for it because of this. Instead try and ace paper A and leave paper B to luck.
Reply 7
I read the whole thing (usually takes about 15 mins) and then spend 15-20mins on the questions. Some of the past papers have questions where you have to work something out related to a formula somewhere in the text, but it doesn't tell you where.

Latest

Trending

Trending