The Student Room Group

As Aqa Psychology Unit 2 Revision June 10th!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
rebeccabroadbent
its a lovely hour and a half paper with i think 100 marks?:indiff: :shot:

Ahh righto, hopefully i wont be rushing too much then
....but that doesnt give me time to freak out/ to plan answers D:
72 marks and 1 hr 30 mins
Reply 62
1.5 hours 72 makrs, each section is worth 24 marks, with one section having the 12 mark essay. Remember you may be given a 10marker essay on top, there was one paper where the 12 marker was in abnormality then they also asked a 10marker in biological asking about drugs and biofeedback.
My best bet that lifechanges is going to come up. Milgram and Zimbardo. and a short question on definitions of abnormality.
there will be 14 questions altogether. 5 in the first section . 5 in the 2nd and 4 in the third.
I tink I'm okay-ish prepared but I need to go over Social Influence more, especially minority cos we didnt really focus on that at the time. She seemed to indicate that it wasn't important lol. Need to look more at reasons for not obeying and not conforming too.
It'll b okay tho, I mean it's only an exam, not the end of the world hopefully :smile:
when was the last time a 12 mark question came up on stress?
im still on stress..got 2 bloody big topics to revise :frown:
Reply 67
aqibjahangir
im still on stress..got 2 bloody big topics to revise :frown:

Im the same :|
I've had so many other exams to focus on, ive now got a day to re-learn the whole syllabus :|
I'm trying to so stress now, as i find it most difficult.
I think social influence is pretty easy so that shouldnt be too hard to go over....but there's quit a bit to so for abnormality......i get completely stuck with the cognitive approach -.-
i don't think the 12mark question will be on Obeying, because that came up last June. Although, like anything, it is a possibility. I am really struggling to understand indiviual differences and biological psychology.

Anyone have any ideas on what topics might come up?
Kristiipop
I've had so many other exams to focus on, ive now got a day to re-learn the whole syllabus :|
I think social influence is pretty easy so that shouldnt be too hard to go over....but there's quit a bit to so for abnormality......i get completely stuck with the cognitive approach -.-

just finished stress from the textbook and that took forever so for social influence i'm going to use the revision booklet my teacher made. i find social quite easy to and hope the 12 mark is on that.
Reply 70
aqibjahangir
just finished stress from the textbook and that took forever so for social influence i'm going to use the revision booklet my teacher made. i find social quite easy to and hope the 12 mark is on that.

I'd love a 12 marker on that
Or the behavioural approach
Or workplace stress
But it'll end up beingon something horrible :frown:
Reply 71
Does anyone else find the biggest problem to be the way questions are worded?
Every past paper i've read i've found it difficult to decipher what they're asking :frown:
Reply 72
Kristiipop

aha this. I concentrate on the exam that comes first and so on. I've dedicated the whole of today to Psychology.

Personally, I find the psychodynamic approach horrible. All this ID/ego/superego, repression, anal/oral/latency... what the actual hell Freud? :| But for me, yeah, the problems are Stress & remembering the nitty gritty details for the abnormality models.
Reply 73
Previous papers had a total of 72 marks but I don't know if they're changing this..

The main social psychology research studies are:
Sherif
Asch
Clark
Zimbardo
Milgram
Gamson

These were the only main ones highlighted in the AQA book but ofcourse there are other little studies you could throw in for extra credit.
Reply 74
I'm feeling okay about this exam. It's the easiests out of all my exams, anyway. The only part I'm wobbly on is the HPA and SAM pathways. I could not talk about them in depth
Reply 75
Eclipse93
Previous papers had a total of 72 marks but I don't know if they're changing this..

The main social psychology research studies are:
Sherif
Asch
Clark
Zimbardo
Milgram
Gamson

These were the only main ones highlighted in the AQA book but ofcourse there are other little studies you could throw in for extra credit.

In my AQA book, Zimbardo was not highlighted. I wondered if this meant I shouldn't use him for the 12-marker.
Reply 76
Kristiipop
Every past paper i've read i've found it difficult to decipher what they're asking :frown:

I think that is the biggest problem if the questions were worded better the exam would have been soo much easier I have had other exams to revise for had 2 exams yesterday. Started revising today and I can't get my head around the body's response to stress too many words to learn :frown:
Reply 77
Every past paper i've read i've found it difficult to decipher what they're asking

Yes :frown: I haven't a bloody clue what they're asking for. I don't think the questions are specific enough. And now with the new exam lay-out, there's no way to know how much you're recommended to write as there are no boxes...
Reply 78
What do you think are the prediction for psychology spec b unit 2 ?
Any Ideas..???????
Quickly As possible... PLZZZZZZZZ...x:smile:
antipesto93
yup i agree with that, what about gamson? do we need to know that?

Gamson? Never heard of them so I'm not going to bother :p:

Quick Reply

Latest