The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't panik!!! Look at the questions in section b calmly and choose whats best for you. ARGUE, PERSUADE, ADVISE, so argue persuade or advice, keep the target market in mind and use all those techniques you learn about. PLAN its not fun but 5 minutes to think through what you want to include will help. Use a variety of sntance structures, ie use subordanate clauses or 2 part sentances, be creative so long as it makes sence your fine. PROOF READ spelling and grammar are my weakest when writing in exams proof readings can stop you throwing marks away.I was told that around 5 to 7 paragraphs is good and to aim for at least 2 sides of an A4 page but make sure the structure is clear.

Don't worry there is always paper 2!!! Rember to practise techniques for INforming, explaining and advising in this one, and whatere your doing in the anthology probably other cultures poems(tiltes are important for them)
Reply 2
Section B is comparing two poems, my plan is to: try it On paper 2

1) Themes
2) Structure
3) Use or language
4) Poet's feelings
5) Your response

Do keep in mind to compare throughout.

Also I am a bit worried about paper 1, section B, writing to persuade. I would say revise the techniques and practice questions. Although there are't many about, if you find any more that one, let me know. :smile:
Reply 3
Also just a thought, examiners give you marks for planning! Just to let you know.
Reply 4
paper 1 section B argue persuade and advice. i'd probably do the persuade one. any tips? marks on planning? how many marks?
Reply 5
I can't find any past papers to practice with, arrghh!
Reply 6
There r past papers on the AQA website, if ur doing AQA, edexcel dont have any but these ones r for free :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending