The Student Room Group

Global Economics F585 how confident are people with this exam?

I'm sitting the Global economics exam under the new spec, im just wondering how confident people are with this unit and how people are revising? was the toolkit useful? what are the main things that people are revising just before the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
theres already a thread for this exam :P
just easier for everything to be in the same thread really so we should move over there :smile: erm im not particularly confident, what are the main things you are revising? are you generally just focussing on the stimulus material topics, or everything from the spec?
Reply 2
send me the link for the thread pweassse
Reply 3
I've got the toolkit and it's amazing in terms of revision. That's all I'm using. I don't find this exam particularly difficult, plus you get soooo much time!
Reply 4
and yeah im just revising from the toolkit, i also had a tutor and he gave me some useful things to read for it, that was more application stuff than knowledge, obviously the spec is useful but i doubt we need to know everything in the spec because the pre released material doesnt cover all the topics and the questions will be based on the pre released material. I sat the EU exam based on a pre-released material last year, under the OLD spec but i retook everything in order to get an A. Im less confident with this exam than i was last year with the other one, because of how vast this topic is!
Reply 5
lovestruck91
and yeah im just revising from the toolkit, i also had a tutor and he gave me some useful things to read for it, that was more application stuff than knowledge, obviously the spec is useful but i doubt we need to know everything in the spec because the pre released material doesnt cover all the topics and the questions will be based on the pre released material. I sat the EU exam based on a pre-released material last year, under the OLD spec but i retook everything in order to get an A. Im less confident with this exam than i was last year with the other one, because of how vast this topic is!

Which toolkit have you got? Anyway, resitting everything is pretty determined!
Reply 6
jkkk32
theres already a thread for this exam :P
just easier for everything to be in the same thread really so we should move over there :smile: erm im not particularly confident, what are the main things you are revising? are you generally just focussing on the stimulus material topics, or everything from the spec?

which thread wud u say was the main one for this exam?
Reply 7
Btw the grade boundary for an A in january was 40 outta 60 :O....i pray its like dis for da june one
Reply 8
Yeahdigg
Btw the grade boundary for an A in january was 40 outta 60 :O....i pray its like dis for da june one

:O that's really low.
Reply 9
Adam92
:O that's really low.

Yeah it is!! but that must mean that it's very very hard and not many people expect to do well.

I've got the OCR toolkit by the way. oh and i didnt just take a year out to resit economics i just thought i might aswell because i was re-taking other subjects too
Reply 10
I am just a bit all over tbhe place since i have all my class work which is using the textbook and things and now we have the pre released information and it's just trying to find out all the main issues and linking them to what i have learnt, gonna need some highlighters i think..

What do people think the questions will be about? i have got a couple of practice papers from this private company called zig zag, but you seem to be using this toolkit thing, what is it?
Reply 11
Mikehed
I am just a bit all over tbhe place since i have all my class work which is using the textbook and things and now we have the pre released information and it's just trying to find out all the main issues and linking them to what i have learnt, gonna need some highlighters i think..

What do people think the questions will be about? i have got a couple of practice papers from this private company called zig zag, but you seem to be using this toolkit thing, what is it?

A private company (mine's APT) have writen a detailed analysis on each of the extracts including theory, graphs, possible questions and what everything means.
Reply 12
Adam92
A private company (mine's APT) have writen a detailed analysis on each of the extracts including theory, graphs, possible questions and what everything means.

We have it easy with the toolkit :wink:
Reply 13
Amit92

The only thing Sarah has actually helped us with this year :O
Reply 14
Adam92
The only thing Sarah has actually helped us with this year :O

Haha...I need to really start this Economics revision once C4/S2 are out of the way!
Reply 15
Amit92
Haha...I need to really start this Economics revision once C4/S2 are out of the way!

This is my last exam so I can power revise for 4 days beforehand.
Reply 16
Adam92
This is my last exam so I can power revise for 4 days beforehand.

Lucky, Politics is my last exam :frown:
Adam92
I've got the toolkit and it's amazing in terms of revision. That's all I'm using. I don't find this exam particularly difficult, plus you get soooo much time!

What's this 'toolkit'?! I suddenly feel very under prepared!!!

In terms of current confidence, I may cry. I always feel like this though for exams, and pull through. :cool:

edit: apologies apparently I need to learn to read threads first lol

Where could I get one from though anyway?
Reply 18
Amit92

i've got the Tutor2u toolkit which is 71 pages long...how gud is the APT one...

i tink we shud as a group write down da big 20 mark sample questions dat our revision packs have on da last extract and den go thru how we should approach them & answer them together...coz im presumin this will be where the big question is on the exam...

what y'all think..
Reply 19
impossible!
What's this 'toolkit'?! I suddenly feel very under prepared!!!

In terms of current confidence, I may cry. I always feel like this though for exams, and pull through. :cool:

edit: apologies apparently I need to learn to read threads first lol

Where could I get one from though anyway?

if u have no toolkit ur SCREWED!!!!....

nah im playin lol...u can view a sample of one off dis website...zigzag education..economics ect...follow da links or i can send it to u if u give me ur email...
it has stuff in da way of some extracts across da screen but u can pretty much see most of it apart from one extract

Quick Reply