The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I think the link titled "Thinking about appealing against an academic decision" under academic advice on this page http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/academic/ might be almost what you're looking for. It doesn't specifically say anything about remarks but it has

Appealing a mark given for assessed work or an exam:
In many instances you will be disappointed - or indeed angered - by the mark you’ve received for an essay, for a class-test or for an exam. You may feel you put in a lot of work, that the tutor doesn’t like you, that the exam paper was unfair. None of these are, in themselves, the basis for an appeal. When you appeal a mark, you are challenging the judgement of an academic member of staff. You need to have as much supporting information as possible before doing so.

For an essay: have you read – carefully- the notes, comments or mark profile given for that piece of work? Have you asked to look over a fellow student’s work, to see how theirs reads? Can you arrange to meet up with your tutor in order to discuss the work further? If you still feel the mark is unjust, then you might think to speak with the module co-ordinator to discuss whether there is a mechanism within the School or department for an essay to be second-marked. If there is such a mechanism, you will doubtless be told that essays that are second-marked can be marked down as well as up.

For an exam script: all students have the right to ask to look at their exam scripts. It is expected that this request be made within the first 3 weeks of the semester following the exam. You should go to the School Office and ask for an appointment (this is normally how it is arranged) to see your script; if possible, you should ask for a tutor to be available to discuss with you that script. In some Schools, there are formal post-exam sessions, which will answer many of your questions. If you still feel the mark is unjust (and be aware that in many cases exams are double-marked or are scrutinised by an external examiner), then you will need to make contact with either the Examinations Officer or Director of Teaching; take advice in the School Office as to who to contact.

Looking through the school of maths handbook (I don't know what subject you're looking to get remarked so I just went with what I'm familiar with!), they link to the following document concerning appeals: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/Code%20of%20Practice%20on%20Student%20Appeals,%20Complaints%20and%20Discipline.pdf

Hope that helps in some way! If not I recommend emailing either your advisor or the DoT in the relevant school.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
thanks a lot...i e-mailed my tutor and the exam coordinator just after making this post but I will follow this process if that yields nothing.

I failed the module by 0.1, based on my coursework results I would have had to have scored a 1 in the exam which I feel is impossible.
Deadmau5
thanks a lot...i e-mailed my tutor and the exam coordinator just after making this post but I will follow this process if that yields nothing.

I failed the module by 0.1, based on my coursework results I would have had to have scored a 1 in the exam which I feel is impossible.

You have to pass both the exam and the coursework elements in order to pass the module as a whole, so if you scored less than 7 in the exam you still cannot pass regardless of coursework mark.
Yeah as far as i'm aware they give you a 6.9 max if you something you need to pass. So even if you got say a 6 in the exam, then you wouldn't get pulled up above 7 by the coursework

Latest

Trending

Trending