The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I agree. I think some people put on a bit of weight at first because they're not used to being able to eat basically whatever they want whenever they want, but it depends on the individual. I'm more worried I'll be so busy I won't find time to eat!
Reply 2
I lose weight at the beginning but during revision periods, I won't let myself go out and do fun stuff so I just sit at home, bored eating junk and put it back on.
Reply 3
i used to be reali controlled with my eating..AND THEN i went to uni lol your drinkin a lot more so that contributes a lot of calories wen your drunk you tend to eat when u comke back=late night feasts lol plus u meet that many people especially naturally skinny friends that can tend to eat a lot more than you can without puttin on weight nearly all mi friends gained weight an i gained over a stone sad times:frown:
SallySparrow66
It's just something that's bothered me for a little while.

People say that they've put on weight because of uni ... but how? I just imagine that I'm going to lose loads of weight once I get there.

I'll be able to control my meals properly and there's so much to do once I get there...

Anyone?

Because of the amount of drinking basically, some lose weight as well it varies on the individual. Do you eat when your bored, emotional eating I think its called also??..yeh you will lose the extra pounds most probable because of the amount of stuff that goes on at uni.
People eat a lot of **** when they start Uni, usually drink more, do less exercise etc. Obviously there are exceptions, but the general rule is that you'll put on weight. xx
Reply 6
I thought I'd lose weight too. Did not happen. I'm nearly a stone heavier than I was 9 months ago. I have realised that I am completely irresponsible when it comes to my health - because there's no-one to see what I eat, I get can through so much chocolate without anyone thinking I'm a pig. I'm paying for it now though - basically living off rice and diet coke at the moment to shift the weight for summer.

Edit: Having so much to do hasn't been the case for me. I have six contact hours a week so spend a lot of time in my room watching 4OD and wasting time on here. While eating chocolate.
Junk food + lots of work (minimal exercise) + LOTS of beer = +20kg since beginning of year
Reply 8
Oh yeah I've put on weight.

I was having sex just the other night and looked at myself in the mirror and realised just how much weight I'd put on. V depressing :frown:

:awesome:
Alcohol. The prime suspect.
I've put on a bit of weight (although a lot of this was muscle mass, as I started weight training again when I got to uni), but also, I have love handles now... definitely gonna start a bit more cardio/ eating healthier this summer to get rid of said love-handles!
My diet was dictated by my 6-year-old self. "Mummy wouldn't let us eat this many biscuits but now I make the rules muhahahaha!" *Om nom nom nom nom*

Gained 9 pounds in my first term. :awesome:
Reply 11
ArtGoblin
I thought I'd lose weight too. Did not happen. I'm nearly a stone heavier than I was 9 months ago. I have realised that I am completely irresponsible when it comes to my health - because there's no-one to see what I eat, I get can through so much chocolate without anyone thinking I'm a pig. I'm paying for it now though - basically living off rice and diet coke at the moment to shift the weight for summer.

Edit: Having so much to do hasn't been the case for me. I have six contact hours a week so spend a lot of time in my room watching 4OD and wasting time on here. While eating chocolate.

LOL i totally can relate to this it sounds like me basically i had like 6 hours contact as wel lol= disastrous for eatin in spare time lol