The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fajahme
im doing half half, you see im new to TSR and so im getting a little excited that im talking to someone i don't even know. first thing ive joined after facebook. it was a life changing decision lol:p:

TSR is more addictive than facebook.
I've got my exam this afternoon too under AQA, just try and keep calm.
Just remember you've gone over everything and have some confidence.

you can always make notes before you start answering if it helps :smile:
Sashii.Ni
I really need to stay as calm as possible cos my mind turns blank when I go to exams and I can't write well under timed conditions. What should I think about before going into the exam?

Why are you awake so early. That cant be useful for your exam.
Reply 83
c0nfus3d
Eurgh. Exams are unecessary stress, why they were invented I have no idea :eek:

Your name suits you perfectly :p:
Reply 84
paddy__power
Best of luck m'love.

That. Went. Terribly. Wrong.

._.
Sashii.Ni
That. Went. Terribly. Wrong.

._.

Everyone always thinks that, especially with things like English. If you found it hard, chances are you were hitting the parts of the mark scheme that are hardest to hit. People that find it easy, often have not done it right =]

:hugs:
Reply 86
Nayberay
Is Lit for all boards in the morning?

No idea, sorry :frown:
That exam was horrible :/
Reply 88
happyfeet*
That exam was horrible :/

I failed.
Pandaboo
I failed.

So did I :|
What board were you on?
That exam was horrible, mean and difficult. What did everyone write? I was so confused, I had to read the extract 3 times.
Reply 91
happyfeet*
So did I :|
What board were you on?

Edexcel,, how about you?
Reply 92
Mine went pretty bad too ._. Started off with the unseen- spent a bit too much time on it, I think. Then I did the poetry essay and kept thinking 'Ahh I have enough time...' *goes on writing til she realises that the girl in front gets up as she has finished her paper*............. GAH! And then I told the invigilators- they gave me like 20 mins extra but that was like nothing cos I take too much time thinking and I was panicking at the same time cos I was so shocked that I hadn't kept a proper eye on the time! So I jotted down a few points and that's it. I'm getting an A for my coursework so I'm gutted. I wanted to get at least a C in the exam but I now can't see that happening considering how I've just lost about 40 marks.
Reply 93
paddy__power
Everyone always thinks that, especially with things like English. If you found it hard, chances are you were hitting the parts of the mark scheme that are hardest to hit. People that find it easy, often have not done it right =]

:hugs:

:no: read the post above... :frown: I messed up.
Sashii.Ni
Yep, we're allowed to take them in :smile: I'm doing Wuthering Heights and The Color Purple for my texts and Andrew Motion's 'Work' anthology for the poetry. IDK how it goes with OCR but we have 3 sections: the two I mentioned and unseen poetry :sigh: I hope I get a question that I practiced lol :p: Chocolate? Seriously? I'll gladly do that :yep: What are your texts?

How did you find the Wuthering Heights question - which one did you do?
Pandaboo
Edexcel,, how about you?

How did you find it?
Reply 96
welshmun
haha me too, mines at 1:30 or 12:30 in the uk.

just have something to eat, you'll be fine :biggrin:

I'd have been put off the idea of eating if I'd seen your sig :puke:
Reply 97
Olivia_Lightbulb
How did you find the Wuthering Heights question - which one did you do?

Read the post I posted a few posts above yours :/ it was a disaster.
I didn't even know what to write for section a. :frown:
Pandaboo
Edexcel,, how about you?

OCR :frown: it was a disaster.

Latest