The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
TSRlegend
grade boundaries for an A* i bet its going to be something like 98/100 looking at the amount of people saying the test paper was so easy!

but thats only the the people in TSR other ppl mite have thought it was hard but i doubt A* is gonna be as easy as 85 =/:frown: that's what i got
Reply 201
hemant1
but thats only the the people in TSR other ppl mite have thought it was hard but i doubt A* is gonna be as easy as 85 =/:frown: that's what i got

hmm no i live in like the most dumbest area ..east ham ! lol and everyone said it was easy ? !
Reply 202
BlissJunkie
Can anyone explain the last question?
I didn't get 29 OR 32.. ooh-er :O

For the last question.
You can use either the tangent or alternate segment theorem. Then you need to identify the isoceles triangle. And thats pretty much it.
Reply 203
hemant1

You never know the calc paper may contain questions like transformations of trig functions e.g. y= 2sinx+1. I dont think they will say its easy then right?

Anyway we shouldnt guess on grade boundaries till after the calc paper. Remember its the overall marks that count!
(b) x = 6 or x = -2
(c) 10 (4 marks)
I solved the quadratic equation but put 8 as I mistakenly wrote it.

26. Probability
(4 marks) any marks for using a tree diagram?

23. Equation of a straight line
(3 marks) any marks for finding the gradient?
Reply 205
If I wrote 19/3 is that ok?
I also wrote 26/3 for the mixed fractions question
Will I get the full marks
If so, then I got 100% :smile:
Reply 206
Hmmm...counting the marks I assume I would get even though I can't remember what I wrote and discounting every mark for those I know I get wrong and counting that I will probably have made more mistakes I think I've got about 78% :s-smilie: That's definitely not an A* :s-smilie: Going to have to ace Paper 2. My friend said she thought it was a foundation paper. I was like 'seriously?' I found it hard!!

Thank you for this! :biggrin:

Oh also, I was wondering 20.b) if you could have 800^3 as the answer because working it out was driving me crazy :p: I've always thought you could get away with your answer with indices but now I'm not sure :p:
Can somebody please explain 27?
Also for 25B I worked and put with my working out x =6 or x = -2 but then I crossed out X =-2 on my answer section because it didn't seem like X could be -2 when you put it into the eqautions on the triangle, however I left the x = -2 in my working outs. Would I only get 3/4?

Also for 16 I originally put unsimplified version of the correct answer but in the last minute I simplfied it and accidently put 3 1/3 instead 3 2/3 would I get 2/3 for this question?

Can somebody also explain how you would do 25A?
Reply 208
Yay! Hopefully I've got 95%, I hope calculator paper isn't too difficult. Good luck everyone!
Mr M
Edexcel Linear Higher Tier Calculator Paper Revision List

Area or circumference of a circle (D)
Pie charts (D)
Exchange rates (D)
Two way table (D)
Adapting a recipe (D)
Plans and elevations (D)
Angles in parallel lines (D)
Bearings (D)
Scatter graphs (D)
nth term of a linear sequence (D)
Rules of indices (C)
Inequalities (C)
Area of a trapezium (C)
Using a calculator (C)
Trial and improvement (C)
Lowest common multiple or highest common factor (C)
Mean from a frequency table (C)
VAT (C)
Reflection or translation (C)
Reverse percentages (B)
Standard form (B)
Changing the subject of a formula (B)
Trigonometry (B)
Box plots (B)
Speed (B)
Probability tree diagram (B)
Moving averages (B)
Perpendicular bisector, angle bisector or loci (B)
Quadratic formula (A)
Direct or inverse proportion (A)
Stratified sample (A)
Sine rule, cosine rule or area of a scalene triangle (A)
Spheres, cones or cylinders (A)
Upper and lower bounds (A*)
Vectors (A*)
Algebraic fractions (A*)
Graph transformations (A*)
Histograms (A*)

Is this what will probably come up, might or definitely?
Reply 210
S_123
Hmmm...counting the marks I assume I would get even though I can't remember what I wrote and discounting every mark for those I know I get wrong and counting that I will probably have made more mistakes I think I've got about 78% :s-smilie: That's definitely not an A* :s-smilie: Going to have to ace Paper 2. My friend said she thought it was a foundation paper. I was like 'seriously?' I found it hard!!

Thank you for this! :biggrin:

Oh also, I was wondering 20.b) if you could have 800^3 as the answer because working it out was driving me crazy :p: I've always thought you could get away with your answer with indices but now I'm not sure :p:

hey i just wanted your opinion, if you wrote the correct anser but crossed it out and wrote another anser but your working out supported the right aner, would you get full marks or just lose 1 mark
or nothing at all:frown:
Reply 211
Oasis Jnr
hey i just wanted your opinion, if you wrote the correct anser but crossed it out and wrote another anser but your working out supported the right aner, would you get full marks or just lose 1 mark
or nothing at all:frown:

I think you would just lose the accuracy mark. They may give you full though if you have written the answer in the working out and not got an answer on the line. Don't worry about it :smile:
Mr M
Edexcel Linear Higher Tier Calculator Paper Revision List

Area or circumference of a circle (D)
Pie charts (D)
Exchange rates (D)
Two way table (D)
Adapting a recipe (D)
Plans and elevations (D)
Angles in parallel lines (D)
Bearings (D)
Scatter graphs (D)
nth term of a linear sequence (D)
Rules of indices (C)
Inequalities (C)
Area of a trapezium (C)
Using a calculator (C)
Trial and improvement (C)
Lowest common multiple or highest common factor (C)
Mean from a frequency table (C)
VAT (C)
Reflection or translation (C)
Reverse percentages (B)
Standard form (B)
Changing the subject of a formula (B)
Trigonometry (B)
Box plots (B)
Speed (B)
Probability tree diagram (B)
Moving averages (B)
Perpendicular bisector, angle bisector or loci (B)
Quadratic formula (A)
Direct or inverse proportion (A)
Stratified sample (A)
Sine rule, cosine rule or area of a scalene triangle (A)
Spheres, cones or cylinders (A)
Upper and lower bounds (A*)
Vectors (A*)
Algebraic fractions (A*)
Graph transformations (A*)
Histograms (A*)

Is there any possibility of surds coming up in the coming paper and you haven't mentioned them? Or have you posted it under a topic I wouldn't recognize as a student? Its just i dont recall any surds coming up in yesterdays paper and if it is likely they will come up I will have to revise them.
Reply 213
Tommmmmmmy
Is there any possibility of surds coming up in the coming paper and you haven't mentioned them? Or have you posted it under a topic I wouldn't recognize as a student? Its just i dont recall any surds coming up in yesterdays paper and if it is likely they will come up I will have to revise them.

why wud surds come up? if a question to do bout surds came up, then it would perhaps be multiplying em, or dividing em or adding and subtracting em which even a primary skool kid cud even do
Reply 214
S_123
I think you would just lose the accuracy mark. They may give you full though if you have written the answer in the working out and not got an answer on the line. Don't worry about it :smile:

oh i did write the anser in my working out. cheers for your opinion:smile:
Reply 215
what calculations did you have to do in order to get 40 degrees as an answer for question 3?
What were the fractions out of 300 which you had to use to find out the number of adults in the cinema in question 11?
What were the fractions which were given in question 16 to get the answer of 3 and two thirds?
Thankyou
I think I lost just a few marks :smile: For the exterior angle I put 252 D: instead of 72.
thesalamander123
Anyone know the grade boundaries for the last few years?

yes its around 143 for an A for both papers and 172ish for an A* i dont no the B boundaries or C
Hey Mr M, I know there's loads of questions on here, so I'll try be quick :smile: Thanks very much for helping out!
Would you be able to tell me the questions to 17b) and 19) please. I'm just trying to see if I got it correct.
Also, for 27) I got 63, through explaining alternate segment theorom, and half when there's an isosceles triangle - how many marks would this get?

Many thanks,
Mr M, could you do the same for the calc paper after its done plz.. much appreciated

Latest

Trending

Trending