The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bridderss
no, I believe that it might be 95% because it has been such a challenging paper this year

if it was a challenging paper the grade boundaries would be lower...
but in any circumstance 90/100 is an a*
Reply 141
Mr M
Well done.

Thanks.and thanks for the answers!
Ooh, I think I got about 95% :rolleyes:
Reply 143
Whats the chances on a circle simultaneous equation appearing? I want one of those to come up!
any ideas on the usual grade boundaries for this exam?
Reply 145
one last question for 20B) shouldn't it be 800cm3
because the cm3 was already given?
if im wrong im just looking for marks really sorry lol
got 85/100

and how hard do you think paper 2 is gonna be?
Reply 146
serenadejong
if it was a challenging paper the grade boundaries would be lower...
but in any circumstance 90/100 is an a*
yeah i was being sarcastic shes my sister sorry :o:
Mr M
The cube had a side length of 2 m = 200 cm.

200 x 200 x 200 = 8,000,000

22b was complete the cumulative frequency table

24iii - you needed to understand indices (to be honest, this question would not have been out of place on an AS mathematics paper)

25 mentioning Pythagoras will get you one mark

26 I worked out the prob of 2 orange sweets, the prob of 2 red sweets, the prob of 2 yellow sweets and then added them together

27 you would need to be quite clear about what you were doing to get most of the marks

Oh thank you so much! Great help!
Bridderss
yeah i was being sarcastic shes my sister sorry :o:

oh right i was gunna say lol :smile:
Reply 149
whoo hoo i got like 97 or 98%
scienceboy
any ideas on the usual grade boundaries for this exam?

i recon its like
85 a*
70 a
54 b
42 c
?
Reply 151
serenadejong
oh right i was gunna say lol :smile:

What is wrong with that girl, i am not her sister, what is your problem back off
I'm quite angry, basically the paper was absolutely fine. But just before we went in, this girl told me that cumulative frequency you plot from the mid points, and frequency polygon you do higher, so I've plotted them wrong. I'm pretty angry, as I'd helped her a lot and just as she was walking in someone told her she got it wrong (meaning in the exam she got it right) but I wasn't to know :\ OHKAY I'll stop complaining, but it meant I got the median and interquartile range different but right for my graph, how many points will I lose? The frequency is worth 2 and the other 5 in total, will I lose all 7.
They're the only marks I've lost though I think :\ still annoying.
Can somebody please explain 27?
Also for 25B I worked and put with my working out x =6 or x = -2 but then I crossed out X =-2 because it didn't seem like X could be -2 when you put it into the eqautions on triangle, however I left the x = -2 in my working outs. Would I only get 3/4?

Also for 16 I originally put unsimplified version of the correct answer but in the last minute I simplfied it and accidently put 3 1/3 instead 3 2/3 would I get 2/3 for this question?

Can somebody also explain how you would do 25A?
Hanpanfan
What is wrong with that girl, i am not her sister, what is your problem back off

what are you on about?
Reply 155
Hanpanfan

i definitly think we are...you know what hannah you are sooo hilarious! :woo:
Can somebody please explain 27?
Also for 25B I worked and put with my working out x =6 or x = -2 but then I crossed out X =-2 on my answer section because it didn't seem like X could be -2 when you put it into the eqautions on the triangle, however I left the x = -2 in my working outs. Would I only get 3/4?

Also for 16 I originally put unsimplified version of the correct answer but in the last minute I simplfied it and accidently put 3 1/3 instead 3 2/3 would I get 2/3 for this question?

Can somebody also explain how you would do 25A?
Reply 157

Reply 158
Bridderss
i definitly think we are...you know what hannah you are sooo hilarious! :woo:

Who are you and stop pestering me, do you go to Wridley High school??
Does anyone have this mark scheme for AQA?!?!! PLZ quote me if you do!!

Latest

Trending

Trending