The Student Room Group

History AS/A Level Grades Confusion!

I'm really confused about what I've got in my AS, I think I've got a B.
In August 2009 I got 76/120 and 52/80 which were both Cs, then in Jan 2009 I resat both and got HY1 92/120 (B) and HY2 55/80 (C). But it didn't tell me what my AS grade was overall. At the same time I got a certificate for my AS's for August 2009 and it said I had a C in History, so I was confused whether this was just a certificate for my AS's not taking into account my resits. Anyway, I asked my teacher what my grade was and he said I still had a C overall, 147/200, because another guy had 149/200 and that was a B. I asked him how he knew the other guy was exactly on the boundary for a B but he didn't and he said I might have a B but couldn't tell me what the grade boundaries were.

Now I've just found on the WJEC website the UMS marks and it was 140/200 for a B! And I was actually only one mark off a B in the exam I got a C in, and because he told my I didn't have a B overall I'm now resitting the exam! But I still have to get 91/100 in the next exam to get a B overall, it's confusing me so much!

Latest