The Student Room Group
Some colleges make you pay for the exam entry if you don't turn up for an exam. I suppose if you turn up for the exam and just don't write anything, you'll get a U and then you don't have to declare it to UCAS.
Reply 2
jaydemikaela
Some colleges make you pay for the exam entry if you don't turn up for an exam. I suppose if you turn up for the exam and just don't write anything, you'll get a U and then you don't have to declare it to UCAS.

I'l probably turn up and then just write stuff that I know is incorrect so I get very few or no marks to level out my e from January to a U overall, btw do you think AAB is better than AABE?
rugbygreg
I'l probably turn up and then just write stuff that I know is incorrect so I get very few or no marks to level out my e from January to a U overall, btw do you think AAB is better than AABE?

I suppose it depends on the entry requirements for uni, if they ask for points then the E gets you a few but if they just ask for certain A2 grades the AAB would be better. Overall I would say AAB.
Reply 4
rugbygreg
Im doing AS's at the moment and in Psychology I'm going to get an e or d should I not turn up to the exam fail the AS and do another next year or get an e or d (probably an e) and still do another AS next year, which would be better for my application on UCAS thanks in advance.

LMAO im in exactly the same position as you, i got an e in january and i think il Get A in economics and geography and B in maths (fingers crossed)

Im going to try and get an E in psycho simply because some unis require a 4th AS pass and an e is technically a pass

UCL which is where i want to apply for Info business and management require an E minimum in 4th AS level so id try and get the E

On that note if your school doesnt give out your results Uni's can only see your predicted grades and wont know about the E but its there if its part of a requirement, in this case you have nothing to loose
Reply 5
ashton.alfred
LMAO im in exactly the same position as you, i got an e in january and i think il Get A in economics and geography and B in maths (fingers crossed)

Im going to try and get an E in psycho simply because some unis require a 4th AS pass and an e is technically a pass

UCL which is where i want to apply for Info business and management require an E minimum in 4th AS level so id try and get the E

On that note if your school doesnt give out your results Uni's can only see your predicted grades and wont know about the E but its there if its part of a requirement, in this case you have nothing to loose

I personally think applying with AAB is better than AABE. You can always do an AS subject in your second year. I know more than one friend who has got offers from UCL with 3 AS subjects, the university said it was ok as long as you are going to do an extra on in ur second year.
Reply 6
ashton.alfred

No uni I'm looking at seems that bothered about the AS plus im gonna do another 1 next year what dya reckon I should do?
rugbygreg
No uni I'm looking at seems that bothered about the AS plus im gonna do another 1 next year what dya reckon I should do?

I'd advise you to flunk psychology and bring it down to a U, so it doesn't have to be declared.. Without a doubt. Seriously AAB >>>>> AABE. Other people may tell you differently, but with AAB unis you can get into a range of really good unis. With AABE, unis will find it very easy to reject you when they've got a whole stack of applications to get through.

Do a 4th AS next year in something you're really good at.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if you have 4 A levels and you had AAAD... do you have to declare all 4?
Reply 9
I dont think you do
i got an E at AS, i have never declared it anywhere for anything. So take that. Yes i know youre supposed to.:smile:
Reply 11
bananacake14
Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if you have 4 A levels and you had AAAD... do you have to declare all 4?

You have to declare it under the UCAS rules that is why I don't want to go through and gain the qualification
Reply 12
rugbygreg

personally i would get the E but find out if your school declares your results and what courses you wish to apply to, if on the UCAS website they say minimum A levels required 3.5 then you need that E but if it says 3 then you dont

I wouldnt bother with another AS next year it wont help you and will be extra work, it will not be part of any offer you get
Reply 13
ashton.alfred
personally i would get the E but find out if your school declares your results and what courses you wish to apply to, if on the UCAS website they say minimum A levels required 3.5 then you need that E but if it says 3 then you dont

I wouldnt bother with another AS next year it wont help you and will be extra work, it will not be part of any offer you get

I want to do another AS next year as it will be part of my University course (hopefully) so either way I'l be doing it
bananacake14

I think you do.

Latest