The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Silent Man
Boy oh boy, where do I begin?

I think I've completely messed up. I don't know what came over me. For the media text, I was caught out by the "Olympic dreams - now it's our turn" because I was not expecting that. I covered the four bullet points but I don't know whether I picked out the correct quotes. I think I did average in the media text.

For the non fiction text, that was awful. Worst piece of text. Found it incredibly dull and was just too discriptive to the point that my eye balls were aching. I mean I understand articles have to be descriptive, but too me it looked as though the person who wrote that text went way over the top. Found it very hard to pick out the information, altough in the end I did. I don't know whether I explained them in detail :frown:

Then for the "Argue, Persuade, Advice " section, I think I did okay in that. I just Wish I spent more time on that. Looking back now I could have wrote much much more and in much more detail. For some odd reason I completely forgot to follow the tips, such as adding metaphors, similies, alliteration etc to push the grades up. The only thing I think I remember adding was a couple of rethorical questions.

My overall main worry is that I gave "C" standard answers rather than "A/B" standard answers :frown: Oh well, I hope I do well in the second paper.

It was an 'essay' not an article.. So you wouldn't have wanted to add that stuff in :p: .
I think I did well.

1st Part - Did the bullet points, Olympic dream was like wtf?! That article is foundation tier IMO.

2nd Part - Was too much to actually take in, I wrote a page on the first bullet point, then realised I needed time to spend on the 27 marker instead of a 14 marker. Therefore I found out that I only had 35 minutes for the last section.

3rd part - easy!
Reply 21
Naum
It was an 'essay' not an article.. So you wouldn't have wanted to add that stuff in :p: .
I think I did well.

1st Part - Did the bullet points, Olympic dream was like wtf?! That article is foundation tier IMO.

2nd Part - Was too much to actually take in, I wrote a page on the first bullet point, then realised I needed time to spend on the 27 marker instead of a 14 marker. Therefore I found out that I only had 35 minutes for the last section.

3rd part - easy!

Really? I thought you did? :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Silent Man
Really? I thought you did? :s-smilie:

Nope it was an essay :wink:
Reply 23
adil12
Nope it was an essay :wink:

So what would make a good essay? :s-smilie: nWriting in much detail? I thought alliteration, metaphors, rethorical questions were a must and would push your grade higher.

Anyway, I'm still not confident I did well in that paper. Just hope I do well in the second one. :smile:
Reply 24
dinprobss
What did you write for the Non-Fiction (unseen one)? And how much did u write? I was rushing it so bad and only got a bit in for it :/

question 2? It was Ernest Hemingway one about Refugees. It asked us what are we told about them so i just picked out quotes and it also said number of refugees so i put that. then it said how does the writer use language to make it interesting. I put about how he describes in detail and also that he keeps mentioning procession like it was a funeral procession which is a very sombre event. I really messed this bit up. i'm now panicking about the poems this afternoon

Latest

Trending

Trending