The Student Room Group
CAPTAIN101
Goal: Increase muscle size/mass while putting on minimal amount of fat

1. Eat a decent diet - 1g per lb of protein, plenty of veg, fish oil, etc

2. Follow a decent workout regime

3. Get plenty of rest

4. Don't run a high calorie excess - eat around 500 cals above your maintenance diet (if that) but be aware that you may slow muscle and/or strength gains

Which supplement do think would be better?

1. Both are extremely overpriced - go to one of the bulk suppliers like MyProtein and if you absolutely must buy an all singing all dancing premade formula buy one of theirs at a fraction of the cost.

2. Both are full of ingredients with little or no efficacy - personally I'd stick with the basics, a decent diet, a decent workout regime and some bog standard whey concentrate for post workout.
Reply 2
CAPTAIN101
just to add I will be using to supplement my weights routine - not just taking them and expecting them to work by themselves LOLZ

Don't buy that stuff, unless you have too much money I guess
Haha, loving the shameless myprotein referral code plugs! I'd definitely suggest Hurricane XS, but if you get flavourless buy a strong milkshake powder, that'll just about make it bearable. Just as good / if not better, than Cyclone.

Or just invest in some decent whey protein (again I suggest myprotein for price, or whey gold standard if you want a good tasting one) and take 2 or 3 scoops per day. Results would likely be very similar.
Reply 4
I wouldnt buy any....over priced and doesnt last long....much better products around.
Reply 5
There some really good supps out but you need to have a solid diet to get the most out of them (having a solid diet might also mean you can't afford supps anymore), post up your diet.

Latest