The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Iv done exactly the same on section B, as the question i answered was some thing like advice teenagers to improve there lifes.
And i got told not to do advice, as i will end up writting a persuasive text, and thats exactly what i did.
So i've basically got no marks for Section B, and i really need a grade B in english language for A levels.

Theres always paper 2, but i dont know how that will improve the overall marks :/

Sorry i couldn't help.
Ca someone quote be the question?

The persuade one
"Write a letter to a local employer persuading him/her to give you a job for the summer holidays."
So what will happen now to my section B??
Reply 5
stealth_writer

I wnt to know what will happen as well now. ?
Like will it be a bad mark over all.? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Do they not tell people to READ the question anymore?
Reply 7
lol ************* lol sorry << just got a bit over excited..it went soooooo welll..apart from the media being about votes :/ was going to feel asleep..oh and i dun the argue and persaude question which i found most easiers..just one question..it was about persuading to why voting for 16 year olds would be beneficial and argue the allowance of voting..i said how giving them the allownce wil grow a stronger bond between the young and old..which is efective as its no soething everyone wrote..i go for originality..and topersaude i pu in harsh sounding wods to how elders normaly think of us contrasting with soft sounding aliiteration to how we really are..put some personification such as these are th ewords dancing around in their heads...blah blah and ermm added in some persuasion by sayin how us voting would get beneficial for them NO EXPENSES and EMA back and oyster cards :P oh and ermm how us voting may even change lifes of wehn they are old and we are th new generation as there would be more pensions for them wen were in charge and to get us to do this they need to show respect to us in this way of giving us the vote... AND to top it off it was a speech so i put "is its time for change" nearly every end of pharaghraph for that efective use,, and linked this ending to each paragrap to the last conlcusion !! also included facts about how every 1/12 students ahve a govenrment memebr like mentality looool so we are not that stupid and how e already take importt decisions in life like GCSE and future paths ECT.. ieve included alliteration and spelling was top notch ..used semicolons after clearly learning how to use them and varied sentence strucutre. with all this am i on an A*? thanks a lot guys its been a pleasure with your critisms..jsut need to get an A* on next paper on thusday and im good to go

oh and for the facts and opinions i wrote how it engages the reader..and it mentioned 1982 which is the time where many motehrs and fathers would ahve lived through, and this is mainly aimed that them so puting audience into consideration and facts just beings authenticity to it and importance on it..higher issue and all that..langauge i wrote like 2 pages - 1 page perparagraph deep analysis and how the 'X" thingy might be a symbolisimg of stop and ban and daner ahead i we get the right to vote so porud if myself..thats A*? right

and comparisoni said how black is dul while green is nature maybe women wil bring a better society up? and contract between male and feemale..and bold text and wanted to add in caption but my pen RAN OUT..it was 2 PENS :\ oh and i wrote 14 sides..thats 7 full pages hope i got an A*..all i can do is pray that the examiner can read my hand writing and im good to go..only one doubt? i meantioned becomeing part of the govenor or sometihng in my persuasion ,,in the future..and we would give better presents and show mroe love towards the old, who are the governonrs and people who are giving us the vote of today.thatsnot realy on the question but its originality right? thanks a lot guys..this is why i LOVE TSR x
Let's just hope you'll get marks for your answer anyway.
Reply 9
oh bdw i dun question 8 the argue AND persuade one..and i knew it was about having the irght to vote but i amde it seme more as if we are going to become part of the government in the past and give the elderly a gift reward in return if they help us now and get our vote..as well as 1/12 haivng a government mentality and stuff so we know we are gron up and not have enough experince of the life as it stated in item 1 on that rading paper..but its jsut originality to be honest..i dont think anyone would hve mentioned how the bond beteeen old and young would get stronger and how maybe we woluld become governments one day? is this wrong and am i going against the question?

oh and one more thing! u see question 3 or 4 saying comment on language and image..is thi the imagery created through the language which i wrote about the "X" or is it the image o that doll or what not on the article..if i included imagery instead of the actual images on the article is tthis wrong? help me out guys im worrying so much !
Reply 10
stealth_writer
Ok for section B i went the question Persuade employer etc
Anyways i misread the question thinking it said "Write a letter to you employer to persuade them to give up their job for the summer holidays"

So i wrote a 1.5 pages about from the perspective of "Holidays 4 u" (A made up company name which could sell the person a holiday, kinda corny i know)

Basically i want to get an a but ive completely misread the question and obviously answered it incorrectly.

What now???

Oh dear :frown:
You will be marked down quite heavily for not answering the question I guess but after they work out what you are talking about they will still give you marks for your techniques, etc (I would assume anyway). Aw hun there's nothing you can do now so just forget about it and try and do well in Paper 2 :console: I thought it was a hard paper anyway. It was a lot like History with source 2 and 3 and I dropped History for a reason :rant: At least you'll know for next time I guess - read the question about 3 times!
S_123
Oh dear :frown:
You will be marked down quite heavily for not answering the question I guess but after they work out what you are talking about they will still give you marks for your techniques, etc (I would assume anyway). Aw hun there's nothing you can do now so just forget about it and try and do well in Paper 2 :consoles: I thought it was a hard paper anyway. It was a lot like History with source 2 and 3 and I dropped History for a reason :rant:

Oh NOOOOOOOO :frown:

I hate making that mistake of misreading a question!!!!
TSRlegend
lol ************* lol sorry << just got a bit over excited..it went soooooo welll..apart from the media being about votes :/ was going to feel asleep..oh and i dun the argue and persaude question which i found most easiers..just one question..it was about persuading to why voting for 16 year olds would be beneficial and argue the allowance of voting..i said how giving them the allownce wil grow a stronger bond between the young and old..which is efective as its no soething everyone wrote..i go for originality..and topersaude i pu in harsh sounding wods to how elders normaly think of us contrasting with soft sounding aliiteration to how we really are..put some personification such as these are th ewords dancing around in their heads...blah blah and ermm added in some persuasion by sayin how us voting would get beneficial for them NO EXPENSES and EMA back and oyster cards :P oh and ermm how us voting may even change lifes of wehn they are old and we are th new generation as there would be more pensions for them wen were in charge and to get us to do this they need to show respect to us in this way of giving us the vote... AND to top it off it was a speech so i put "is its time for change" nearly every end of pharaghraph for that efective use,, and linked this ending to each paragrap to the last conlcusion !! also included facts about how every 1/12 students ahve a govenrment memebr like mentality looool so we are not that stupid and how e already take importt decisions in life like GCSE and future paths ECT.. ieve included alliteration and spelling was top notch ..used semicolons after clearly learning how to use them and varied sentence strucutre. with all this am i on an A*? thanks a lot guys its been a pleasure with your critisms..jsut need to get an A* on next paper on thusday and im good to go

oh and for the facts and opinions i wrote how it engages the reader..and it mentioned 1982 which is the time where many motehrs and fathers would ahve lived through, and this is mainly aimed that them so puting audience into consideration and facts just beings authenticity to it and importance on it..higher issue and all that..langauge i wrote like 2 pages - 1 page perparagraph deep analysis and how the 'X" thingy might be a symbolisimg of stop and ban and daner ahead i we get the right to vote so porud if myself..thats A*? right

and comparisoni said how black is dul while green is nature maybe women wil bring a better society up? and contract between male and feemale..and bold text and wanted to add in caption but my pen RAN OUT..it was 2 PENS :\ oh and i wrote 14 sides..thats 7 full pages hope i got an A*..all i can do is pray that the examiner can read my hand writing and im good to go..only one doubt? i meantioned becomeing part of the govenor or sometihng in my persuasion ,,in the future..and we would give better presents and show mroe love towards the old, who are the governonrs and people who are giving us the vote of today.thatsnot realy on the question but its originality right? thanks a lot guys..this is why i LOVE TSR x

First of all, this is someone's thread, you completely ignored his question and went about posting your own completely irrelevant to what he asked.

Secondly, how is someone meant to understand what you are saying when you write like that? Improve your grammer and maybe your questions shall be answered.
stealth_writer
Ok for section B i went the question Persuade employer etc
Anyways i misread the question thinking it said "Write a letter to you employer to persuade them to give up their job for the summer holidays"

So i wrote a 1.5 pages about from the perspective of "Holidays 4 u" (A made up company name which could sell the person a holiday, kinda corny i know)

Basically i want to get an a but ive completely misread the question and obviously answered it incorrectly.

What now???

I think you should be fine, they should take the mistake into consideration as an error, and will hopefully mark it as if the question was what you answered too.
Reply 14
Perseverance
First of all, this is someone's thread, you completely ignored his question and went about posting your own completely irrelevant to what he asked.

Secondly, how is someone meant to understand what you are saying when you write like that? Improve your grammer and maybe your questions shall be answered.

grammar*

:mmm:
I wouldn't have, but as you were attacking his grammar, which I agree was absolutely appalling, I had to.
Doughnut
grammar*

:mmm:
I wouldn't have, but as you were attacking his grammar, which I agree was absolutely appalling, I had to.

Fair enough :p:
Reply 16
Perseverance

I agree, someone is obviously writing on this thread to discuss their upset for the paper going wrong, and you just talk about how well it went in illegible text? Be a bit more considirate please. And this thread will probably get deleted you know... you have to wait 24 hours before discussing exams...
theo.m
I agree, someone is obviously writing on this thread to discuss their upset for the paper going wrong, and you just talk about how well it went in illegible text? Be a bit more considirate please. And this thread will probably get deleted you know... you have to wait 24 hours before discussing exams...

Not for AQA, it is only in the UK so exams are taken place roughly the same time :smile:
stealth_writer

If your lucky and your work was REALLY GOOD the examiner may be just nice enough to give you some marks. the section IS to argue/persuade/advise, and you did persuade im hoping really well so you should get some marks. Just hope you did really well in paper 1 section a and try to ace paper 2. do get your overall B. and if your coursework is an average of A/A* you honestly shouldnt worry. you did it now and all you can do is hope, so good luck!
i did mine, but i did argue about practical and vocational subjects -letter. just managed to finish with 5 minutes to spare to read through my section b :smile: but not long enought tor ead through section a :frown:I]
Reply 19
gold3n_ch1c
If your lucky and your work was REALLY GOOD the examiner may be just nice enough to give you some marks. the section IS to argue/persuade/advise, and you did persuade im hoping really well so you should get some marks. Just hope you did really well in paper 1 section a and try to ace paper 2. do get your overall B. and if your coursework is an average of A/A* you honestly shouldnt worry. you did it now and all you can do is hope, so good luck!
i did mine, but i did argue about practical and vocational subjects -letter. just managed to finish with 5 minutes to spare to read through my section b :smile: but not long enought tor ead through section a :frown:I]

hey im in the same situation it think

i did the writing to persuade AND argue..would they penalise me if i did more persuade than argue in the argument/persuasion? lets say at a ratio of 1:3

Latest

Trending

Trending