The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Kreuzuerk
Schools hire loads of dopey mothers to invigilate and you should really have recognised that it's quite likely they won't know what's going on. What constitutes isolation is pretty clear and taking a stroll outside of school premises is not going to make up part of it.

i don't think anyone is quite understanding that the woman did not make any effort to put me in any sort of room away from people? i wasn't in isolation, so i didn't exactly decide to take some little stroll like a total idiot! i didn't just take my phone like there was nothing wrong either.. i was told i could leave as long as i came back in time and she let us get our stuff :cool:
Reply 21
i think you needed common sense at that time as ppl have already sat the exam and they've could have easily told you the ansers

but if a mate of mine's wanted the ansers, i wouldn't give it to him
Reply 22
CB91
Because the combined IQ of all 3 of you was about 5. :rolleyes:

not helping. :cool:
I'd say you shouldn't have got your phones but it's mostly the invigilators fault. Although if the exam was still ongoing you couldn't speak to anyone anyway.
When I had a break of 2 hours we were supervised in a class room the whole time.
Yes the invigilator was definately wrong. Complain about her for being so ignorant. But did you honestly think that if you were to be isolated/supervised you would be allowed out of the sixth form premisis? With your mobile phone? I can't believe you even asked!
Reply 25
morecambebay
yes, the invigilator made a mistake. but c'mon...you were well aware that there would be some people who had allready done it and that being able to contact them would probably be against the rules.

Yes, but you would think the invig would be right. Its not the students responsibily overall. she asked (or he) because she wasnt sure and then followed the instructions of someone that is SUPPOSEd to know all the rules. The student wasnt at fault as she asked and got permission from someone in the position of responsiblity.

OP- Write a formal complaint, theres not to much that can happen now about your exam (do it in november?) but the invigilator should be reprimanded.
Brogan.
i don't think anyone is quite understanding that the woman did not make any effort to put me in any sort of room away from people? i wasn't in isolation, so i didn't exactly decide to take some little stroll like a total idiot! i didn't just take my phone like there was nothing wrong either.. i was told i could leave as long as i came back in time and she let us get our stuff :cool:

Tip for the future: Use your own brain.

:sigh:
Brogan.
ha that's brilliant, i will use that in my defence from now on!
if it's so wrong she shouldn't have let me, to be honest i didn't expect her to say yes

Why was that? You knew it was wrong.
Reply 28
STARMissyB
Yes the invigilator was definitely wrong. Complain about her for being so ignorant. But did you honestly think that if you were to be isolated/supervised you would be allowed out of the sixth form premisis? With your mobile phone? I can't believe you even asked!

in retrospect i can see that i really shouldn't have asked and i should have thought it through but the invigilator should know better than me to allow someone to do that? i think she should be sacked, because if she hadn't of been so blase about the whole thing i wouldn't have went off premises
Reply 29
ziggycj
Yes, but you would think the invig would be right. Its not the students responsibily overall. she asked (or he) because she wasnt sure and then followed the instructions of someone that is SUPPOSEd to know all the rules. The student wasnt at fault as she asked and got permission from someone in the position of responsiblity.

OP- Write a formal complaint, theres not to much that can happen now about your exam (do it in november?) but the invigilator should be reprimanded.

thankyou for this comment, i'm glad someone can see where i'm coming from :smile: you'd think with her job she would know the rules more than i do and understand the consequences
You two students AND the invigilator are BOTH stupid.

/thread.
Reply 31
Why on Earth would you collect your mobile? Surely its obvious... Although the invigilator was stupid for letting you go, you should've known beforehand all about what's allowed in the break if you were unsure.
Reply 32
CB91
Tip for the future: Use your own brain.

:sigh:

i know i shouldn't have asked but how come it's all my fault when the invigilator is in the position of authority, shouldn't it be her who uses her brain?! :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Yes, it is your fault. As you said, it's your education, so take some responsibilty.
You have a brain, use it. Don't expect other people to think for you.
Brogan.
i know i shouldn't have asked but how come it's all my fault when the invigilator is in the position of authority, shouldn't it be her who uses her brain?! :rolleyes:

Because even if she doesnt you should. It's your future on the line, not hers, and you shouldn't have just blindly followed what she said. :rolleyes:
Reply 36
all i can say is i'm not the one hired by the government to control this kind of thing :smile:
Reply 37
CB91
Because the combined IQ of all 3 of you was about 5. :rolleyes:

Id say about three. Im doing GCSE atm and even i know that this is completely stupid. The you both should have known better than to leave school grounds AND have a communications device on your person. Who listens to invigilators anyway? they are usually just the lab technicians or temp teachers that have nothing else to do. (notice they dont have better jobs than this?)

You walked of your own free will into no mans land and guess what? ...you got shot.
Reply 38
CB91
Because even if she doesnt you should. It's your future on the line, not hers, and you shouldn't have just blindly followed what she said. :rolleyes:

i know but come onnnnnnn! i didn't expect her to not have a clue what she was talking about? why would she lie?
Reply 39
I'm fairly sure you have to read and sign something from JCQ and acknowledge the exam rules a few weeks before an examination.

Even if not, it is your responsibility to know the rules. You had been given the letter stating a short, supervised break.

And more, there will have been an A3 poster with a super size 'no mobile phones' clip art directly in front of you.

You were trying it on, and though the invigilator was clearly a retard, it is completely your own fault.

Finally, you failed GCSE modular Maths???