The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully it will be okay :smile:
Reply 2
jaydemikaela
Hopefully it will be okay :smile:

I'm thinking it's pretty easy. Easier than other maths/further maths exams!
Luke0011
I'm thinking it's pretty easy. Easier than other maths/further maths exams!

Definitely! I have FP4 next Tuesday :eek3:
Reply 4
So this upper bound and lower bound shizzums... of the upper bounds, the lowest figure you find is the upper one? And for the lower bound, the highest figure you find is that?
AGM
So this upper bound and lower bound shizzums... of the upper bounds, the lowest figure you find is the upper one? And for the lower bound, the highest figure you find is that?

Yep :smile:

The best upper bound is the LOWEST upper bound.

The best lower bound is the HIGHEST lower bound.
Reply 6
AGM

Yeah, the lowest upper bound is the best one, and it is possible to go through.

The highest lowest bound, is the best, but it may be impossible to travel!
Reply 7
jaydemikaela
Definitely! I have FP4 next Tuesday :eek3:

Ahh, what's FP4 like compared to FP1?
i'm doing FP4 next year if i continue further maths :P
Luke0011
Ahh, what's FP4 like compared to FP1?
i'm doing FP4 next year if i continue further maths :P

I don't want to put you off but I HATE it. It's all vectors/matrices. I'm pretty much aiming for an E in the exam and hoping my D1 and FP1 grades are good enough so I can get at least a C overall (I'm dropping it next year)

But I think it's mainly because I have a reeeaaallly rubbish teacher. He's so slow, so we never get enough practise and he can't explain things. If you have a decent teacher you should be fine :smile:
Reply 9
Luke0011
Yeah, the lowest upper bound is the best one, and it is possible to go through.

The highest lowest bound, is the best, but it may be impossible to travel!

Thankyou very muchly :smile:
Reply 10
jaydemikaela
I don't want to put you off but I HATE it. It's all vectors/matrices. I'm pretty much aiming for an E in the exam and hoping my D1 and FP1 grades are good enough so I can get at least a C overall (I'm dropping it next year)

But I think it's mainly because I have a reeeaaallly rubbish teacher. He's so slow, so we never get enough practise and he can't explain things. If you have a decent teacher you should be fine :smile:

Aaah i'm hoping to get an A in further maths at AS, but i need to get like 85% average in FP1 and D2 exam!
Luke0011
Aaah i'm hoping to get an A in further maths at AS, but i need to get like 85% average in FP1 and D2 exam!

Good luck :smile:
What's D2 like?
Reply 12
jaydemikaela
Yep :smile:

The best upper bound is the LOWEST upper bound.

The best lower bound is the HIGHEST lower bound.

Gahhhh, it's all oxymoron.
AGM
Gahhhh, it's all oxymoron.

Haha I know :p:
But if you think about it, the upper bound is the one that definitely exists, so you want the shortest one of those. And then the lower bound is the opposite :smile:
Reply 14
jaydemikaela
Good luck :smile:
What's D2 like?

D2 is easier than D1.
Reply 15
jaydemikaela
Haha I know :p:
But if you think about it, the upper bound is the one that definitely exists, so you want the shortest one of those. And then the lower bound is the opposite :smile:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, jeeze, this whole module is so boring. I'm just practising the whole algorithm line 10 line 20 thing at the moment and I'm think I'm gonna fall asleep doing it.
Luke0011
D2 is easier than D1.

Seriously? Cool :smile:
AGM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, jeeze, this whole module is so boring. I'm just practising the whole algorithm line 10 line 20 thing at the moment and I'm think I'm gonna fall asleep doing it.

I know it's such a stupid module. The first thing I saw when I opened the textbook to a random page was the recipe for a stir fry or something :p: At least it's fairly easy though. Just boring.
Reply 18
jaydemikaela
Seriously? Cool :smile:

Yeahh, everyone says it who i know!
it's good stuff :smile:
Reply 19
jaydemikaela
I know it's such a stupid module. The first thing I saw when I opened the textbook to a random page was the recipe for a stir fry or something :p: At least it's fairly easy though. Just boring.

The fact it's boring can make you fail becuase you lose attention. I got an E when I did this in January. I got my paper back and I had all the method marks, but had lost loads of the answer marks because I would do one little thing wrong on most questions. It's an exam where you need to stay concentrated 100%.