The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Luke0011
Yeahh, everyone says it who i know!
it's good stuff :smile:

That's good :smile: I hope the grade boundarys won't be too high.
AGM
The fact it's boring can make you fail becuase you lose attention. I got an E when I did this in January. I got my paper back and I had all the method marks, but had lost loads of the answer marks because I would do one little thing wrong on most questions. It's an exam where you need to stay concentrated 100%.

Yeah it's so easy to lose marks. I usually have quite a lot of time left over though so there's a chance to check everything.
This paper could go either way. I am hoping for really high marks on it, but it is so easy to mess things up on this paper. At the moment the sorts are the hardest for me along with tracing algorithms. Make sure everyone posts back after the exam to see how it went! Good luck!!
Reply 23
I made horrific mistakes with C2 so I need to do well with this, but it's an easy module for me so should go okay.
I'm really confident, bar one or two things. Some of D1 is so easy, for me. Chinese Postman, Prims's, Kruskal, and Dijkstras are all really easy. Could brush up on my Graph Theory - Hamiltonian cycles and all. I'm looking at an easy 85%+ I reckon.

Did a past paper on sunday in 37 minutes and got something like 95%. So in the 90 minutes we have, I'm sure I'll do fine. Not that it really matters, FM is an extra AS this year to help boost my UCAS, turns out I never needed it...
Wednesday Bass
I'm really confident, bar one or two things. Some of D1 is so easy, for me. Chinese Postman, Prims's, Kruskal, and Dijkstras are all really easy. Could brush up on my Graph Theory - Hamiltonian cycles and all. I'm looking at an easy 85%+ I reckon.

Did a past paper on sunday in 37 minutes and got something like 95%. So in the 90 minutes we have, I'm sure I'll do fine. Not that it really matters, FM is an extra AS this year to help boost my UCAS, turns out I never needed it...

37 minutes?!?! :eek: I know it's easy but not that easy! :p:
1platinum
37 minutes?!?! :eek: I know it's easy but not that easy! :p:

That was with my head down, really going for it though. I wouldn't do it at that speed in the exam today (the examiner wouldn't be able to read my writing! :rolleyes:).
Reply 27
How did everyone like it? I bombed 8 a) and b) but other than that I think I was alright.
Reply 28
was ok but defo not enough time had to rush through last few questions spent too long on first bit. just have to wait for results now
Reply 29
bm05
How did everyone like it? I bombed 8 a) and b) but other than that I think I was alright.

Same here I think, but it was only 4 marks, so as long as the rest of my paper was good, all is well.
Reply 30
bm05

i thought there was not enough time don't even remember what q8 was
Reply 31
easily the most enjoyable A level exam i've ever taken.
on Q8 x=4 yeah?
Reply 32
exam went ok... i annoyingly couldn't do the 1 marker where you had to find a route starting at N! the other route spelt STRINGS

other answers.. i think 142 for q3
454 for q4
437 for q5? maybe

1200 for the max profit
Reply 33
and yeah i got x=4
NowBor
easily the most enjoyable A level exam i've ever taken.
on Q8 x=4 yeah?

This.

It was awesome fun seeing everything come up that I could answer. Best feeling walking out and thinking, "man I'm awesome" :woo:
Reply 35
post answers? if you can remember lol
see for stings i got 450 upper and 439 lower. x=4 yeh.

What about the first part i said it could tend to either infinite for max or to 1 over infinite for lowest. But i think im worng.
Reply 37
i wasnt sure about the lower.. dont get how upper could be wrong :s still i didnt double check so could have made a silly mistake.. i put 1 and 6.. although i pondered putting either 5 or infinity as well, what about the profit?
Reply 38
how could it tend to infinity - isn't a simple graph a connected graph?

for the comparisons, did you guys get 4 and 1.. I don't know why I found that hard...

max profit I got was 1210
Reply 39
1210.. 1200, same thing! and yeah 4 and 1 seem to ring a bell.. im worried about that upper and lower bounds question though!

Latest