The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got a much lower profit. Did everyone else minus the cost of the balls from the selling price? Giving 50p for slow and 25p for medium/fast?

And for the last question: lowest was 1, highest was 5. (It couldn't be 6 as there's only 5 other verticies and it can't loop back to itself as it's a 'simple'graph). Got x=4 as well though.
Reply 41
ah minus the costs.. clever! didnt think of that
Reply 42
I assume they'd only knock off 1 mark if you didn't minus costs and just did it for the selling prices, if you did everything else right.
For the algorithm question did anyone else get 3.334 for the estimation of pi?
Reply 44
polemarch
1210.. 1200, same thing! and yeah 4 and 1 seem to ring a bell.. im worried about that upper and lower bounds question though!

why? the route was strings wasn't it? it didn't ask you you state the initial next neighbour route and so you just used strings for part b...

oh the lower bound.. i don't remember the exact value tbh, pretty straight forward though
Reply 45
Yeah I got about 3.34 for the value of pi :smile:
Reply 46
think I got 13/4 for the estimation of pi.. my algorith only went through once then made me print it
Reply 47
I got like 187.50 or something for maximised profit :/
Reply 48
(3.25 - 3.14)^2 = 0.0121 is < 0.05?
Reply 49
Think you made a mistake there then Jfranny...
Reply 50
yeah i got 3.34 for pi.. i thought i got it wrong because its not that close to pi! but yeah 454 for upper bound... if i got that one wrong im gonna cry
172.50 for profit

320 Slow, 50 others ..

any agreement?
Reply 52
******** how did I get something so imple wrong... god!
Reply 53
andrewww
I got a much lower profit. Did everyone else minus the cost of the balls from the selling price? Giving 50p for slow and 25p for medium/fast?

And for the last question: lowest was 1, highest was 5. (It couldn't be 6 as there's only 5 other verticies and it can't loop back to itself as it's a 'simple'graph). Got x=4 as well though.

I found out the number of balls, then multiplied the profits by it, so yeah, same as you near enough :smile:

And wahey, i got all them answers too! :smile:
Reply 54
TerrificTottenham_07
172.50 for profit

320 Slow, 50 others ..

any agreement?

That's what i got :wink:
Reply 55
I got the same terrifictottenham, although linear programming isn't my strong point so may be wrong lol.
Reply 56
jaydemikaela
For the algorithm question did anyone else get 3.334 for the estimation of pi?

Yepp, i got that :P
For the chinese postman, did anyone get 73, 73, and 70 for the totals of the odd order vertices?
Reply 58
TerrificTottenham_07
172.50 for profit

320 Slow, 50 others ..

any agreement?

I got 325 slow, so got a slightly different value, but that is a relief that someone else got that kind of answer :smile:
Reply 59
jaydemikaela
For the chinese postman, did anyone get 73, 73, and 70 for the totals of the odd order vertices?

Yeah i got that. :smile:

Latest