The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
jaydemikaela
For the chinese postman, did anyone get 73, 73, and 70 for the totals of the odd order vertices?

Yep, exactly what I got and then obviously you add the 70 onto the total weighting of the whole graph :smile:
Reply 61
yeah i got 325 slow but i dont think it matters that much
AGM
Yep, exactly what I got and then obviously you add the 70 onto the total weighting of the whole graph :smile:

Luke0011
Yepp, i got that :P

Yay :woo: That's a good sign, I doubt we all made the exact same mistakes :smile:
I thought it went really well. I finished in 45 minutes. But honestly, I can't remember any answers I got apart from x=4 for the last question. Even sketched it out and it can't be anything but 4 with 6 vertices and I got the odd vertices as ABCM in the Chinese Postman.

Hopefully the marks I get in this mean I should only need a mid-range B in Mechanics 2 to get an A in AS Further Maths.
Reply 64
yah 73 70 73 for chinese postman, they were tricky to spot
Reply 65
Wednesday Bass
I thought it went really well. I finished in 45 minutes. But honestly, I can't remember any answers I got apart from x=4 for the last question. Even sketched it out and it can't be anything but 4 with 6 vertices and I got the odd vertices as ABCM in the Chinese Postman.

Hopefully the marks I get in this mean I should only need a mid-range B in Mechanics 2 to get an A in AS Further Maths.

How did you finish in 45 minutes?! It took me like the whole time :confused:
I did the Djikstras part of the question in pencil, will i still get the marks?
AGM
How did you finish in 45 minutes?! It took me like the whole time :confused:

I found all the stuff really easy - always have. There's just been a couple of points I've not understood because I've been self teaching. I posted yesterday, I did a past paper on Sunday in 37 minutes and managed 90%+.

The only thing that really troubled me was the linear programming. I just couldn't think when I was drawing the boundaries. It was the y < 1/3 x line - I couldn't think whether to shade above or below, but in the end I worked it out.
Reply 68
Smeghead UK

why wouldn't we? I did that too... :/
Reply 69
Smeghead UK

Don't worry, pencil shows up just as well as black pen, I got my january paper back a couple of months ago and I did that all in pencil so I know so yer, don't fret my friend :smile:
Smeghead UK

I think it should be okay because they say that you can do drawings in pencil so it must be able to be seen when they photocopy it.
Reply 71
please someone remember their upper and lower bounds answers im nervous lol!
polemarch
please someone remember their upper and lower bounds answers im nervous lol!

I got 450 for upper bound and 425 for lower bound not too sure if its right though as I re sitting this paper.
Was anyone elses feasible region really small or had I just done it wrong?
LovesAnime
I got 450 for upper bound and 425 for lower bound not too sure if its right though as I re sitting this paper.

That's what I got.

1platinum
Was anyone elses feasible region really small or had I just done it wrong?

My feasible area was fairly small. What was your objective line like?
Wednesday Bass
That's what I got.

My feasible area was fairly small. What was your objective line like?

Er.. it crossed the bottom left corner of the feasible region... don't think that is right though, 300 on the x axis and 225 on the y axis.
Okaay = ]

Yeah my feasible region was small but I had some really long objective line since put the p equation equal to some really big number to get the points to draw it.
I think I had P=450 so 3 and 2.25 give nice round numbers.
What did people get as the maximum profit?
I think it was 900 and something. But don't quote me on that.

Latest