The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

--
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
i thought it was britain in the second world war!
Reply 3
beautiful-lion
Hi, this thread is for anyone doing AQA History GCSE, specification B. I'm not sure if we're doing exactly the same topics, but I'm doing: (paper 1 only)

Treaty of Versailles
League of Nations
Hitler's Foreign Policy
Cold War
Britain in the First World War

Sooo, to kick off: here are some good websites:
http://www.johndclare.net/
http://www.schoolhistory.co.uk/revision/

Plus, looking at mark schemes is SO useful because it shows you what kind of thing they're looking for:
http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/his_rel/current/history_b_materials.php?id=10&prev=10&tabid=2#

Anyone got any questions/tips/advice/panickings?

Good luck everyone!

xx :smile:

I'm doing exactly the same modules, thanks for the help!
I was thinking, I've been very pushed for time recently, so therefore haven't been able to do that much revision. I thought that perhaps I could drop the Cold War from my revision, so I can look at the others in more depth. I'm guessing this wouldn't matter as you only have to answer two out of three questions from the first section, so I could just choose the other two. I'm panicking though in case two of the sections both refer to the Cold War (by that I mean the odd question, not two entire sections both on the Cold War). Opinions?
Reply 4
Hi and good luck with your exams people :smile:

I've just done Louis XIV and absolutism and are now going onto Henry VIII and the English Reformation - if anybody's doing this let me know and we can discuss and give tips! :smile:
--
(edited 12 years ago)
drust
i thought it was britain in the second world war!

ww1/2
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
beautiful-lion
In theory that would work, as I don't think you would ever be forced to answer a question on the Cold War. Check up on in just in case using the past papers link I gave - I would hate to get the the exam and realise the Cold War was vital! That could be a smart idea that I might use...As a safety net, maybe just familiarise yourself with the Cold War gernerally, but I think your idea might work...

Thanks, I'm glad I've also helped. I'm pretty sure it works, as my teacher told us that we could do it, but I thought I'd better double check just in case Section B of the paper (the essential section that is normally on Britain in the First World War) suddenly changed to the Cold War, but after checking on the past papers, for the past three or four years Section B has always been the same, I think I would actually murder my teacher if the Cold War miraculously became essential. xD
Yup doing this. Still got half of cold war to revise tonight and all of chemistry as well. I think I'm about to kill myself.
--
(edited 12 years ago)
--
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
beautiful-lion
Do you know if it would be possible to do that for paper 2? I'm doing Germany and Russia, but would it be possible to revise only one of those? Haha, now I'm just LOOKING for ways to revise less :smile:

Hahah! Well, it's impossible to only revise only one of the countries, because I recall it saying from one of the papers that you must answer a question about both of the countries in the diffirent sections.
However, our class was actually too slow to cover the whole of Russia, so we only did half of the course. That means that we have no choice over which questions we choose.

It's difficult to explain, but in practice, it means you have to revise three sections - one WHOLE country module, and half of the other. Or, if you want the choice, the WHOLE of both countries. It's difficult to understand, but if you take a long look at the front of the second paper, you'll see where I'm coming from.
Im doing Germany and International Relations tommorow. Thats paper one.

Paper two is Britain and the first world way I think
--
(edited 12 years ago)
^^
(edited 12 years ago)
beautiful-lion
Actually, if you look at the posts above, you don't need to revise cold war because you will never be forced to answer a question on it...so you could revise the other ones in depth or do some chem :smile:
Good luck!

Sorry, but that isn't correct. It is necessary that you answer the WW1 question in section B but in section A you are given a choice of 3 questions and they are a combination of peace to war and cold war. If you are given a choice from 1 peace to war and 2 cold war questions you HAVE to answer one on the cold war. For example I am looking at my June 2006 paper now and section A has a choice of events leading to the 1st world war (can't answer this not a topic that has been taught) and the other options are 2 cold war questions and 1 peace to war. After you've answered the peace to war one you are FORCED to answer one of the cold war ones.
Have people not been told this?
DON'T IGNORE COLD WAR!!

On this spec and paper, 2 out of the 3 questions will definitely be about the Cold War tomorrow.

They alternate yearly, last year 2 were not Cold War, year before that 2 were Cold War.

It's a pattern, it will be followed, and tomorrow there will be two questions on the Cold War so get revising!
--
(edited 12 years ago)
--
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Worried about this :s-smilie:
I never know how much to write!

Latest

Trending

Trending