Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Light Intensity/Photosynthesis experiment

Announcements Posted on
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey all. So basically I was given a task where I had to design an experiment for this problem

"A teacher regularly collects elodea for use in class experiments. She observed that on sunny days more bubbles were visible than on dull days. Plan an experiment to investigate her findings."

I did as instructed and got my draft back. However, the teacher noted that my dependent variable needed to be changed (I had said that it was the number of bubbles produced). What is the independent variable then? I am really confused and so I'm throwing the gauntlet to you biologists who are probably ten times better at this stuff than me.

One of the control variables was also supposed to be CO2 levels but how does one control this? Are there any other possible control variables.

REP to the best answers.

Thanks in advance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey, not answering the question but where did you get your hot animation in your sig? a website would be nice damn she's so hot!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anando)
    hey, not answering the question but where did you get your hot animation in your sig? a website would be nice damn she's so hot!
    If you want it that much, just right click, press view image and save the image.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Welll.... cause it's photosynthesis, you can pretty much figure it out by knowing the factors that affect photosynthesis. The thing you're varying i assume is light intensity yes??
    So your dependent variables...... you have to control temperature.......and CO2. You can control CO2 by putting a fixed amount of carbonate in there.... this would keep the CO2 levels controlled in the sense any increase or decrease in the CO2 levels become negated as there's already so much in there.

Bubbles is a result of the photosynthesis.....how can that be your variable.........

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 10, 2010
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.