The Student Room Group

Cambridge Interview Feedback - Sent DIRECTLY TO YOU

I just thought you guys would like to know that..

If you want feedback to be sent directly to you and not your school/college, just email the admissions secretary for the college to which you applied.

I know this is true to Clare, as Lesley Lambert has attached an email to my paper file so the report gets sent to me (and only me!).

That should stop my tutor at college reading it and save on some embarrassment. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Surfing Hamster
I just thought you guys would like to know that..

If you want feedback to be sent directly to you and not your school/college, just email the admissions secretary for the college to which you applied.

I know this is true to Clare, as Lesley Lambert has attached an email to my paper file so the report gets sent to me (and only me!).

Should stop my tutor at college reading it and save on some embarrassment. :smile:

Hey! Do y9ou know if it gives you much info in the letter? xx
Sar
Hey! Do y9ou know if it gives you much info in the letter? xx

I've been told that it gives a breakdown of your interview and test outcomes, and other bits and pieces the admissions people think's useful.
Reply 3
Do people with offers get them?
Reply 4
do you know whether an applicant who was an offered a place, would still get feedback?
fishpaste
Do people with offers get them?

Don't think so - it'd just be a waste of money for the College. You were obviously a brilliant applicant if you got in and don't need telling it! :wink:
Reply 6
fishpaste you read my mind!

(fishpaste...yucky name :tongue: )
Reply 7
aliel
do you know whether an applicant who was an offered a place, would still get feedback?

I think your school can request them. I'm fairly sure my Head of Sixth said he got feedback on all applicants, both those with offers and rejections.
Reply 8
Surfing hamster your avatar is hurting my eyes! :eek:
Goat
Surfing hamster your avatar is hurting my eyes! :eek:

Just hit escape when the page has loaded :wink:
Reply 10
Surfing Hamster
Just hit escape when the page has loaded :wink:

Good idea! thanks.
Reply 11
aliel

I think oxford do, but don't know bout Camb, I hope so! I want to know details of my interview etc
If I didn't tick that box on the Oxford form, can I still get my feedback sent to me directly? Also, the college never seem to answer emails so should I phone them? I don't want to ask my referee about it because he's really mean :tongue:
God, I'm glad they won't be sending me interview feedback (although I'm curious, of course). I can only imagine: "When you write a book list, try to actually have read the books on it, recently. Don't say "no" when your interviewer asks if you'd like to elaborate on something. [Okay, so those were not my precise words, but it was close.] And either take your jacket completely off or keep it on, okay?"
Still, it's nice of them to do it. Not like stupid IB where you work on an essay for months and they never even tell you what grade you got.
Asphyxiating
If I didn't tick that box on the Oxford form, can I still get my feedback sent to me directly? Also, the college never seem to answer emails so should I phone them? I don't want to ask my referee about it because he's really mean :tongue:

Yeh, try phoning the college. They're probably still trying to deal with the backlog of emails. :wink:
erika_johanna
God, I'm glad they won't be sending me interview feedback (although I'm curious, of course). I can only imagine: "When you write a book list, try to actually have read the books on it, recently. Don't say "no" when your interviewer asks if you'd like to elaborate on something. [Okay, so those were not my precise words, but it was close.] And either take your jacket completely off or keep it on, okay?"
Still, it's nice of them to do it. Not like stupid IB where you work on an essay for months and they never even tell you what grade you got.

LOL, I'm guessing you didn't get in then?!
The bizarre thing is I did, which is kind of why I don't want them writing me any feedback - I feel sure they'd pause around the third paragraph and say, "hey, why'd we let this one in, anyway?"
Really, though, I suppose they liked my essay, or maybe they just thought I was cute.
erika_johanna
The bizarre thing is I did, which is kind of why I don't want them writing me any feedback - I feel sure they'd pause around the third paragraph and say, "hey, why'd we let this one in, anyway?"
Really, though, I suppose they liked my essay, or maybe they just thought I was cute.

Well done, regardless!!
Thank you. :smile:
Has anyone actually received feedback from Oxford? Just wondering..

Latest