The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

University / Job Needing reassurance!

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone or even everyone may be able to help me with a slight dilema I'm having.

I plan to go to mmu in September but I'm starting to have doubts purely because I'm enjoying my current job. I work as a broker for a vehicle leasing company and I really enjoy the work and everything it comes with. I have only been there for 2 months so far and I'm starting to feel that I may be missing out on a big employment opportunity if I leave to go to uni. My current employers are unaware of my ambitions so far.

So here's my question. Is it normal to feel this way? Should I reconsider further education and stay in employment? Or does the benefit of a degree catapult you toward very fruitful employment opportunities?
It's a difficult one.

Any helpful advice welcome!
Reply 1
I've just finished at MMU and can't even get responses to job that offer minimum wage. I wish I never bothered.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
goodmen
I've just finished at MMU and can't even get responses to job that offer minimum wage. I wish I never bothered.

What subject/grade did you get, though?
Reply 3
fkos
What subject/grade did you get, though?

Computing. No grade yet but I'm expecting a 2.1

I've applied to a lot of jobs in IT and computing and heard nothing. The only jobs I get can interviews for are telesales which involve a lot of cold calling. I could do that without a degree.
Reply 4
goodmen
The only jobs I get can interviews for are telesales which involve a lot of cold calling. I could do that without a degree.

What did you expect ?
You went to Manchester Metropolitan...:rolleyes:
Reply 5
I wasn't a regular on this site before I went. I only narrowly missed out on UoM. The fact is when you are in college they tell you that you have to go to university, really for me though there was no point.

Latest

Trending

Trending